MDing Groups by State

looking for a buddy in Jacksonville FL.

I'm looking for some one to teach me the ropes. I have an excalibur and I don't know how to use it. (LOL) please help.

Thanx
m

Nj/ny

Hi everyone,first day at this site.Im new to detecting (4 months) and was hoping to find someone familiar with new jersey area (im in central jersey) but i also work in NYC where im originally from.Also interested in the NYS/NYC area to detect.I visit the Cooperstown area from time to time.I just dont know how to go about where and when to search would like to buddy with someone who mite want the company from time to time possibly with some know how. I still work full time(brooklyn) but i have my "get away days". I have taken to metal detecting in this short time AND already have a GREAT find!

The problem with the "Groups"

I joined 3 groups when I first joined Friendly. The prob is, they are not kept active or updated, they get stale and there's no activity. My guess as to why, there isn't a way, that I see. where one gets some type of notification when someone posts a reply or message in the Group. I have a Garden Group that I maintain and we get notifications when folks post messages or comments. One nice feature of the Garden Group Forum, we organize days trips and gatherings to support our hobby and make new local friends.
I don't see a Group for New York on here yet. How active has the other State Groups been? Anyone got feedback?
I've tried to "Friend" others from my state or area, put them in my contact list, that's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined 3 groups when I first joined Friendly. The prob is, they are not kept active or updated, they get stale and there's no activity. My guess as to why, there isn't a way, that I see. where one gets some type of notification when someone posts a reply or message in the Group. I have a Garden Group that I maintain and we get notifications when folks post messages or comments. One nice feature of the Garden Group Forum, we organize days trips and gatherings to support our hobby and make new local friends.
I don't see a Group for New York on here yet. How active has the other State Groups been? Anyone got feedback?
I've tried to "Friend" others from my state or area, put them in my contact list, that's a start.

You can get Notification of when someone adds to the group you are in.

It is under Group Tools and in there you can subscribe to that group.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get Notification of when someone adds to the group you are in.

It is under Group Tools and in there you can subscribe to that group.

Thanks Ron...I went to check it out..there are 2 options under Group Toosl: 1) Mark this Group Read or 2) Subscribe to This Group...which one would give us notifications when someone adds a post?:?:

I am new to detecting. I live in the Austin TX area and would like to
team up with someone more experienced to hunt local properties and/or
beaches in the Galveston area. TIA

Back
Top Bottom