• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Indulge me with a HEAD AND SEATED SPINNING STORY about a Seated and Farthing! Video and Pic HEAVY. BUCKET LISTER

Finds like this are why I love this hobby so much. Great find and congratulations!! :grin:

Thank you, it never ceases to amaze me what comes out of the ground!

That’s amazing! You’ll forever cherish that find. I still remember my excitement digging my seated love token.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Well frankly there has been a lot of unforgettable finds for me over the last year. This one is up there with others that I have documented on this forum. TY!

Dang man! A twenty cent piece seems more rare than a gold coin! Nice. Congrats on the amazing hunt.

The dire predictions of snow did not pan out. Oh well, if we had gone out, then you would likely have never found that beauty. I went out for about an hour today. Found 2 nickels and a small silver ring with a fake diamond. One of these days it'll be a real one. Looking forward to our upcoming outing.

Just a huge wow Paul. I've seen only one of those Twenty Cent Coins dug in ten years and now 2 more in a couple of weeks. A true eye popper on a very rare coin. You know I'm sure that the Farthing is not a common dig either. Trapper

So your machine was trying to tell ya...it's a good thing you listened...this time.
Makes me wonder what kind of eye poppers I have walked from before. :?:

Great discovery BR! Thanks for the post with the good write-up.

The dire predictions of snow did not pan out. Oh well, if we had gone out, then you would likely have never found that beauty. I went out for about an hour today. Found 2 nickels and a small silver ring with a fake diamond. One of these days it'll be a real one. Looking forward to our upcoming outing.

Thank you Gale, yes fate has a strange way of rewriting intentions and then karma gets involved :lol: We will get together soon enough. Thank you again.

Just a huge wow Paul. I've seen only one of those Twenty Cent Coins dug in ten years and now 2 more in a couple of weeks. A true eye popper on a very rare coin. You know I'm sure that the Farthing is not a common dig either. Trapper

Yeah, I did some research on the Farthing and while it isn't worth much (may be good for $20 or so), it helps validate the 20center (in my mind) as a historical drop.

I am positive these coins weren't discovered until now because of the combined strangeness of the "numbers". A detectorist would typically not dig something that had completely different numbers than they are used to, I only dug it because I was trying to "clean out" the curbstrip from 3 other passes I had done on different occasions.

Thank you Trapper!

Man that is just AWESOME, Paul. As soon as i saw that eagle, I thought "holy !!!!, 20 cent piece!!!!"

That's one coin I've always wondered if anyone on here had ever found. They only minted the 20 cent piece for a few years and discontinued it b/c it was too similar to the seated quarter and was being mistaken for them. Even thought the 75-S is the most common, you cannot go by the mintage figures alone b/c a ton of them were melted down.

Congrats buddy.

So your machine was trying to tell ya...it's a good thing you listened...this time.
Makes me wonder what kind of eye poppers I have walked from before. :?:

Great discovery BR! Thanks for the post with the good write-up.

Thank you Sir, yea I am finding my hunting style has been changing slightly now that I am going back over previously hunted ground. Happy with the results!:D

+1 on that one. What an amazing find. Way to hit the seated... with the 20 center! Woot!

Thank you Skippy! Really a joy to find both of these coins...STUCK TOGETHER!

Man that is just AWESOME, Paul. As soon as i saw that eagle, I thought "holy !!!!, 20 cent piece!!!!"

That's one coin I've always wondered if anyone on here had ever found. They only minted the 20 cent piece for a few years and discontinued it b/c it was too similar to the seated quarter and was being mistaken for them. Even thought the 75-S is the most common, you cannot go by the mintage figures alone b/c a ton of them were melted down.

Congrats buddy.

Swing, there was a another 20center found about 2 week ago as well, that was a CC! Like I said, I didn't even know such a coin existed! I was just happy finding a bucketlister coin in the seated, then discovered that it is even more rare than that!!

HH & GL!

Wow, congratulations, that is most likely a killer once in a lifetime find! Not that I hope you can't find another, just too rare to expect more!

Again that awesome and thanks for sharing !

Very Nice!!!!

Thank you Sir

I never even knew a 20 cent piece existed! Big congrats!

Same here, and Now We Know:lol:

WOW! That is so awesome! I've never heard of a 20 cent coin! Congratulations!!!

Ditto to my last comment :D

Wow, congratulations, that is most likely a killer once in a lifetime find! Not that I hope you can't find another, just too rare to expect more!

Again that awesome and thanks for sharing !

I just love finding history, silver, gold, you name it. Thank you Big

West coast SCORE!!! Great find....congrats!

West Coast in the HOUSE:laughing: Just don't PO Tom in CA!!:no: :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom