Ice and Snow Aftermath February 17 and 18

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
First the ice on the 17th and then the "snow" this morning when I woke up. Not much snow but there was plenty of ice which made the roads very treacherous and gave me a few downed limbs! So yours truly stayed in and off the roads. The snow -- not so much -- came last night late and will be gone by the afternoon as we have plenty of sunshine today! Here are some pictures I took! (Doesn't look like much when you compare it to the snow and ice in New York!)

Attachments

• Ice 1.jpg
    Ice 1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 114
  • Ice 2.JPG
    Ice 2.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Ice 3.JPG
    Ice 3.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Ice Damage.JPG
    Ice Damage.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Snow 1.JPG
    Snow 1.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Snow 2.JPG
    Snow 2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 111
Here is a little something in the north we call Ice Dams. By the way that is a water line. Went to sunny Florida for a week and was welcomed home, New England style.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 106
I have been hauling loads up and down I-65 AL..TN..KY...IN all screwed up. ..It's insane how car's will fly by just to be in the ditch in
5 miles :roll:

Actually I kind of enjoyed looking at your pictures! Reminded me of the milder winters. All we can do is hope for the big thaw, stay warm!

The ice on the trees is pretty but it can cause havoc! I had a huge tree in my front yard about 6 yrs ago and the last winter my husband was alive (5 yrs ago this month) we had a similar ice storm but much worse and I feared that tree would lose many of its branches on the house! :shock: So I swore I would get rid of that tree -- he didn't want to! After he died -- I got that tree down! It's GONE! I wasn't going to worry about it falling on the house! And I had some major dead branches removed from the tree in my back yard recently -- before winter -- right by my "new" deck (6 months old). I wasn't about to lose my deck either!

The ice on the trees is pretty but it can cause havoc! I had a huge tree in my front yard about 6 yrs ago and the last winter my husband was alive (5 yrs ago this month) we had a similar ice storm but much worse and I feared that tree would lose many of its branches on the house! :shock: So I swore I would get rid of that tree -- he didn't want to! After he died -- I got that tree down! It's GONE! I wasn't going to worry about it falling on the house! And I had some major dead branches removed from the tree in my back yard recently -- before winter -- right by my "new" deck (6 months old). I wasn't about to lose my deck either!

I know about those tree!! Had a 70' pine fall on the house one year, hit at angle, minor damage. We get these snow storms every few years, they are hard to deal with when the sun is low and no melting, and there is no way I'm shoveling a roof with 18" of snow on it. best left to professionals. You were smart to remove the tree. You should plant another further from the house, something slow growing, as a reminder.

Down here in AR we got a sleet storm followed by freezing rain....last night another 1/2 inch of snow to top it off....KT's kingdom looks much like yours, Pennyfinder!

Nice to have a load of firewood stacked in on the back porch of the Castle to feed the Hearth! :D:D

Attachments

• Feb 16 2005 was riding 2 days ago!.jpg
    Feb 16 2005 was riding 2 days ago!.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom