Where do, or who do I go too? For permission to metal detect a foreclosed home?

hellomikie92

Theres this home in my area built in 1943, and it was recently foreclosed, and I think it has never been detected, so I am curious? Do I just go on the property and dig, or do I have to get permission from someone? like a agent maybe? I've heard that foreclosed homes, are an easy target for metal detectorists, because you usually have a higher chance of getting permission. Is that true? I know i've bugged some of you about detecting public areas, and I apologize. I really have to know what to do, and after this topic. I promise I won't make another permission topic for weeks. ;);)

Hey there,

I have detected a house next mine that was built in the late 20's. It was foreclosed on and the realator over the property was located in Fl. Im in central Bama. I called her from the sign that was in the yard and she said go for it. That yard keeps giving. around 4-5 rings a couple being silver, a few silver coins, a buff. nick., a buffalo Bill Jr. ring, a WW2 medal.......I could go on.

COntact the agent over the property. Its worth it.

Never stop asking questions. You have more to gain and nothing to loose. So one should ever be afraid to a question, especialy when silver and gold is on the line.

Hope this helps and dont be surprised if the agent is in another state.

HH and Roll Tide!

Hey there,

I have detected a house next mine that was built in the late 20's. It was foreclosed on and the realator over the property was located in Fl. Im in central Bama. I called her from the sign that was in the yard and she said go for it. That yard keeps giving. around 4-5 rings a couple being silver, a few silver coins, a buff. nick., a buffalo Bill Jr. ring, a WW2 medal.......I could go on.

COntact the agent over the property. Its worth it.

Never stop asking questions. You have more to gain and nothing to loose. So one should ever be afraid to a question, especialy when silver and gold is on the line.

Hope this helps and dont be surprised if the agent is in another state.

HH and Roll Tide!

Hey than you for the response. Yeah I'll try to contact the agent on the foreclosed that I mentioned to see if he would give me permission. I'll probably do that Friday. but thanks for the reply, and happy hunting to you too, and also happy thanksgiving. ;)

I call the realtors in my town to get permission for foreclosed homes, never had an issue yet

Great tips. I was wondering the same thing. But what if there are no signs the. Who do you call? We have several that are foreclosed and looks like they might get torn down soon.

Exactly! Do you know why they are getting torn down?

I do not know when or by who. All I know is the windows are boarded up no signs at all. The tax records do not show who owns them know just who did. It seems they have passed. No one by that last name lives in the area. Guess I will find out when they tear it all down.

HUD home permission

I found a HUD house on a bike ride that I wanted to hunt and read the discussions and the theme that recurred was "don't mess it up for everyone else". Taking that to heart, I did a little research and found the bank, called them and received a big NO (due to liability).

But there is a silver lining, the guy at the mortgage company said it was due to this specific banks policy; and he offered to send me several older properties that are available to MDing.

The moral of the the story is do the right thing!

Thanks to the forum to provide useful and ethical guidance.

Jeff

from what I've been reading on other posts, consensus seems to be face to face if possible, then phone, and lastly email. makes sense. face to face they can judge appearance and manners and you can answer questions then and there, on phone they can still ask questions or you can explain at the moment anything, and email is just so easy to say no.

Contact your city's property evaluation board they can give you permission to hunt foreclosures AND vacants plus print you a list of the vacants!!!:shock:

the only person that can give permission is the owner; in this case most likely the bank/mtg co. that holds the note.

realtors, town officials, etc, really have no right to grant permission...imho

How about this situation. I found a home built in 1750 in my town. It is now fannie mae/govt owned. I called the realtor, they said they are not authorized to give permission. I called the phone number on the front door for the property management company that's supposed to be keeping the place neat and clearly hasn't shown up in months. They said they weren't authorized to grant permission and to call the realtor. !!!.

It's govt owned...how do you get permission for that?

Back
Top Bottom