Laterial moves.

4xAAA

I was researching an old homestead with some doughnut shop buddies because they know everybody in the county. I had the name from the tax rolls, but I was looking for a good connection to get me in. Fell short, the guy must be from another county.
Anyway, one of them suggest I should hit the old school one of their dads attended. The place was torn down years ago and the spot was still empty. After a few minutes of jawing the location was described well enough to locate by reference points on a map. So I dove in looking and found it pretty quick.
The lot is on the tax rolls as "XXX community center", an unincorporated area of the county, with the owner listed as unknown . I have the lot boundary lines and an older topo map showing the location of the school. In the aerial shot you can see what may be the faint shadowing of the pier and beam building site.
I am giddy. This should be a virgin site with a long history (really long for here).
Now the down side. The lot is right on a well traveled public highway. It is overgrown and will take some weed eating before mding. A few years ago, an older fellow from the community brush hogged the site on a regular basis until another local pitched a fit. Who knows why, but he did. The nice guy stopped brush hogging, but I don't know if it was for legal reasons or he just said "stick it" and quit. There is no single controlling voice for the property other than the county.
I think I either have a bird nest on the ground or a can of worms. My plan is to push on until it pushes back more than I want.

Back
Top Bottom