Just got permission to do a 85 acre horse farm

mantlefan2010

My older brother hooked me up with one of his co workers who has a 85 acre working horse farm. The property supposed to have some 1800's history

The farm has roughly 20 to 25 horses and its partially wooded beyond that it is all I know.

I am excited by this and am not sure where to start god only knows what is in the ground there

I would start by researching the farm area by checking out historical maps. You may find that it once had buildings in a location that are no longer there and the land owner may not even know about them;)

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/topomaps/f?p=262:1:744377847299472

Check with the local county GIS office as most them will have historical overlays for your county available to use on google earth or ARCGIS explorer.

And it's a state that had a lot of early military movements so I would think your chances are pretty good.

Check any high ground and especially near any creeks.

Check the woods for any first growth trees (Large old ones).

Good luck

Congrats on the new ground. xd35 gave you some good tips. Research it as best as you can before you go to see what you might come up with. Good Luck!

Good luck with your hunt on such a large acreage farm. If you want some local Maryland company, then just let me know!!:D

Back
Top Bottom