Vacation Advice needed

gcollins

To all you coin shooters, who hunt for old coins, I have a question I would like to ask. My first plans on my vaction this year was to take my camping trailer go out west and do some gold prospecting, well I have the OLD COIN FEVER so bad that I can't stand it. I live in S.E. Kansas so travel is limited to how far I can go, I know they way you find old coins are to hunt old places off the beatin track. Now here in Kansas, it is getting harder every day to get people to let you hunt those old sites. So I am looking for some suggestion on places a person might go to find some older coins. I will have about 10 days so I don't want to spend 3 days getting there, I would appreicate any and all help.
Thanks Guys and Gals
Greg

Well, if its a road trip your planning, you live real close to the old Route66, and it goes through Kansas. This was a very popular highway a very long time ago used by millions of people. There were tons of old tourist traps, gas stations, and just some great Americana along the route. Might want to look at this as a possible choice. :yes:

Missouri became a state in 1821. There are settlements there that go back to the 1700's. It's probably the best you can do if you don't want to go far. I'm planning a trip or two there myself this year ;)

Okie,
I do think that Missouri well be a place for me and the wife to do a 3 day weekend thing, that is all I think that she would want to detect, when I was big in to Bass fishing, she would go with me, but if she wasn't getting fish on in 15 min. she was done!!!

Epi,
I am going to have to agree with you on spending all the time trying to get permission to hunt, that is getting realy hard! And I won't hunt some where that I don't have the okay! I spent about 4 hours surfing since I posted, and I havn't gain anything so far. So now I must sit down and try and remeber if I know anyone that knows anyone over in the N.W. Missouri, where I might go. As they say: Research is the Key!
Thanks Greg

Back
Top Bottom