I am their (Philippines )

Airport in Manila

We got here and my buttom
is dragging. We were on three Japan Airlines. They must have seen me coming. They put me in some of the hardest seats on the plain. I even sat on pillows. Thanks here comes the food. GT hey said it was food. Some of that stuff was not fit to eat. My wife did not even eat it.
We finally get to Manila. We called my wife's sister about 3 different times before we left. I told her what time and what terminal to pick us up at. I do not know how you get terminal 2, when I said terminall 1. With the way the traffic is their, you better not mess up. They messed up. Went to terminali 2. Thank God I had my Philippine phone with me. By the time they found us, it was like 2 AM. We got their at 11 PM.
Finally on our way home. Very tired and hungry. Took another 2 hours to get to the house.
Just how stupid do you think some people can get, I am going to tell you. Real stupid.. we get to the house. They have no coffee or food at all. They though I would stop at 3 AM to buy food on the way home. Yep, I was ticked off.
I walk in the house, turn on some lights. You guessed it. Most all the bulbs in the house are out. Thanks I find out I have 2 toilets that need fixed.
I really do not think the 2 people that stay at our house knows how to get their button out of bed and do anything.

I sure hope it gets better. It can not get much worse.
I really let some steam off, didn't I.

It is very warm here and muggy.

Thanks everyone, and I am glad you all are here....

KEN. :D
Similar thing happened to us last summer when we went over , the sister - in -law was to meet us on Cebu at the other International airport there. There are 2 buildings one for domestic the other for international . We arrive at the international no one there to meet us. When we get there it is late at night and we are loaded down with luggage. Between me and the wife we had 4 of the big rolling suite cases , 2 carry on bags and a personal bag each so a backpack and tote bag. probably amounted to about 300 lbs. (We shipped 5 big boxes ahead of us by boat 3 months before) After about a hour the wife figures she must have gone to the wrong building, leaves me there out side the terminal , with all the luggage, to see if she can find her sister in the 2 story building. She comes back can't find her. Our phones don't work yet till you can put a prepaid sims card in it. Can't buy a card till the store open in the morning, it is late at night. She borrows a security guards cell phone calls her sister who is still wondering around the wrong terminal to come get us. We then took every thing to the hotel we had reserved till morning, then a boat ride to my wife's island. But unlike Kens experience there was food waiting when we got to the house, lot of relatives there , we got every thing in the house ,did some visiting and were able to get some sleep. After a trip 1/2 way around the world with several stops and plane changes & time differences you are wiped out.

Bell's Palsy

Ken,
Forget the coffee and all that other stuff. I had BP and had to go through physical therapy and TEMS therapy for several weeks.

Please, proceed to the nearest market and purchase some chewing gum. Any color,any flavor. Chewing will help stop the muscles in your face from atrophying.

Also, sit in front of a mirror for 15 minutes a day and make faces at yourself. Smile, frown, bad smell, etc.

There are a few threads on FMDF related to BP.

BP is going to leave a mark on you, but the more you exercise your face, the better off you will be.

Good Luck!
HH,
John Morton

Hey! if you think JAL is uncomfortable, you oughta try Gulf or Jazerra

Ken,
Forget the coffee and all that other stuff. I had BP and had to go through physical therapy and TEMS therapy for several weeks.

Please, proceed to the nearest market and purchase some chewing gum. Any color,any flavor. Chewing will help stop the muscles in your face from atrophying.

Also, sit in front of a mirror for 15 minutes a day and make faces at yourself. Smile, frown, bad smell, etc.

There are a few threads on FMDF related to BP.

BP is going to leave a mark on you, but the more you exercise your face, the better off you will be.

Good Luck!
HH,
John Morton

Hey! if you think JAL is uncomfortable, you oughta try Gulf or Jazerra

I'll 2nd that, my wife and a former boss both had Bells Palsey and it was not enjoyable for either of them. Think recovering from it is more painful then getting it. Hope like them it will clear up mostly in a few weeks. Makes eating and drinking a real hoot as well. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Should have those guys that built your wall last year keep an eye on your property looks like they did a good job and might know what to do when things go wrong. Glad you and the wife had a safe trip good luck hunting and send pics always enjoy them 🏝

witch doctors , quack doctors / faith healers

NO , he is not kidding..
My wife and sister in law took me to see the witch Dr. TODAY. THANK God for me. She was out for the day. Maybe flying around looking for bat wings or snake eyes.. KEN. :D

Witch doctors/Quack doctors/Faith healers (a little of each ) the locals there see them as some one to consult, even the educated ones. My wife drug me to see one on one of our trips trip over there, some smoke, a towel over my head , some mumbo -jumbo words , some sprinkling of some home made stuff on my head. They don't charge a fee for this, you are expected to give a donation at the end. This keeps them out of legal trouble by not charging a fee . On a average day there will be a line of people out side the door to see the doctor.:laughing:

NO , he is not kidding..
My wife and sister in law took me to see the witch Dr. TODAY. THANK God for me. She was out for the day. Maybe flying around looking for bat wings or snake eyes.. KEN. :D

Witch doctors/Quack doctors/Faith healers (a little of each ) the locals there see them as some one to consult, even the educated ones. My wife drug me to see one on one of our trips trip over there, some smoke, a towel over my head , some mumbo -jumbo words , some sprinkling of some home made stuff on my head. They don't charge a fee for this, you are expected to give a donation at the end. This keeps them out of legal trouble by not charging a fee . On a average day there will be a line of people out side the door to see the doctor.:laughing:

I would avoid Witch doctors no matter what the wife says !

phbeachfrog.jpg

Now, do not get David and me in trouble. There are a lot of good people over here. Just not many.
Than there are the ones that love them Witch Dr.s and all that VODO stuff.
I been through the same thing David bone with the rag over my head . I had a bad cold. The smoke burned my eyes and the smell was real bad. I don't know what she was saying, but I could not stop laughing while my eyes were burning. Be leave it or not, that cold whet away in a little over two weeks.
Did it Work? I don't know.
I don't want to do it again, unless they use better smoke... KEN. :laughing::laughing:

witch doctors cure

Now, do not get David and me in trouble. There are a lot of good people over here. Just not many.
Than there are the ones that love them Witch Dr.s and all that VODO stuff.
I been through the same thing David bone with the rag over my head . I had a bad cold. The smoke burned my eyes and the smell was real bad. I don't know what she was saying, but I could not stop laughing while my eyes were burning. Be leave it or not, that cold whet away in a little over two weeks.
Did it Work? I don't know.
I don't want to do it again, unless they use better smoke... KEN. :laughing::laughing:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were burning a mixture of coconut husk and cigar smoke , i imagine a little of the local rum would do more to cure a cold , killing the local germs in you. Over all it is mainly harmless it varies from doctor to doctor i don't think there is any school for it so any one can hang out a sign. A little bit like the wild west medicine man who traveled around selling a bottle of stuff that would cure every thing . Even though my wife has a college degree as does everyone in here family they really think it works. But there are people over there that do practice a form of witch craft and will put a curse on you. My wife swears that a guy over there pissed one off and the curse was , every time the tide came in or out his gut would swell up or go back down with the tide. There is a waterfall near the wife's house that she won't let me visit because it is cursed by witches . :laughing::laughing:

valcano

That volcano is on our island ( Luzon ). It is on the southern tip of the island. A very long way from us. Some people around here say it could cause an earth quake. I will wait and see.
Thanks for asking.. KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom