KFC recipe MIGHT have been leaked !

GKL

Forum Supporter
I just heard on the news that the secret KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) recipe MIGHT have been inadvertently leaked, I just search the web for an online version of that news report and found this -

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/26/dining/is-this-the-top-secret-kfc-recipe.html?_r=0

The KFC recipe from the article -

11 spices — mix with 2 cups white flour

2/3 tablespoon salt

1/2 tablespoon thyme

1/2 tablespoon basil

1/3 tablespoon oregano

1 tablespoon celery salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon dried mustard

4 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons garlic salt

1 tablespoon ground ginger

3 tablespoons white pepper

......now since we bake or broil instead of fry in oil when we cook at home
I'll probably try making "Kentucky Flavored Chicken" using the recipe but broiling instead of frying.

From the article: "Mr. Ledington walked back his claim, saying he had never shown the recipe to a reporter before and did not “know for sure” if it was as authentic as he first said."

I can tell you that I worked for a company contracted to make their secret recipe and we made it by hundreds of pounds at a time. The "secret" isn't as secret as people might think, considering we all knew how to make it, because it was our job. We made spices for all of the major brands.

I found this quote comical "So, how do you make Colonel Sanders’s secret spice blend? The world may never know. "

We all knew at the plant lol

From the article: "Mr. Ledington walked back his claim, saying he had never shown the recipe to a reporter before and did not “know for sure” if it was as authentic as he first said."

I can tell you that I worked for a company contracted to make their secret recipe and we made it by hundreds of pounds at a time. The "secret" isn't as secret as people might think, considering we all knew how to make it, because it was our job. We made spices for all of the major brands.

I found this quote comical "So, how do you make Colonel Sanders’s secret spice blend? The world may never know. "

We all knew at the plant lol

Okay..... can you confirm the recipe from that article as legitimate or did you have to sign something saying you would never tell ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Let us know how it comes out GKL, I love kfc but the nearest one to me is more than a half hour drive each way, might have to give it a try too.

Okay Ron, it won't be right away as we don't have all those ingredients in the cupboard right now, but I'm taking the list with me next time I get to the store so I can buy the ones I don't have, so maybe by next weekend I might try it if not sooner.

The texture might not be quite the same as I would broil the chicken, whereas KFC cooks their chicken in oil in a pressure cooker, but the flavor should be the same if that is indeed the actual recipe. :cooking:

(we usually avoid frying when cooking at home to eat healthier)

(but anyone trying to use oil in a pressure cooker please be very careful especially if you cook over an open gas flame !)

Someone needs to get the recipe for CocaCola please, I can drink that by the gallons.

Had KFC the other night for dinner. New $20 8 piece bucket is a good deal. 2 pints mashed taters with gravy, 1 pint coleslaw and 4 biscuits. No substitution on the 2nd pint of taters though, don't know who actually needs that much taters. :?: Tried to sub for macaroni and cheese, was told "nope". Got the "extra crispy", it was good and filling!

Okay..... can you confirm the recipe from that article as legitimate or did you have to sign something saying you would never tell ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nope, no one had to sign anything that I recall, and no I can't confirm or deny, because like I said, we made it in hundreds of pounds at a time so I never tried to remember. Was just saying that it isn't as secret as ya might think! LoL

Someone needs to get the recipe for CocaCola please, I can drink that by the gallons.

Had KFC the other night for dinner. New $20 8 piece bucket is a good deal. 2 pints mashed taters with gravy, 1 pint coleslaw and 4 biscuits. No substitution on the 2nd pint of taters though, don't know who actually needs that much taters. :?: Tried to sub for macaroni and cheese, was told "nope". Got the "extra crispy", it was good and filling!

The KFC in our town doesn't have it, but a friend of mine told me the KFC in the next county over has a KFC with an all you can eat buffet for $7.00 not bad considering a take out meal with a chicken breast is over $6.00.

That $20 meal sounds like an okay deal especially if they include some white meat chicken in the bucket.

The KFC in our town doesn't have it, but a friend of mine told me the KFC in the next county over has a KFC with an all you can eat buffet for $7.00 not bad considering a take out meal with a chicken breast is over $6.00.

That $20 meal sounds like an okay deal especially if they include some white meat chicken in the bucket.

Nice, what time are you picking me up?

Nope, no one had to sign anything that I recall, and no I can't confirm or deny, because like I said, we made it in hundreds of pounds at a time so I never tried to remember. Was just saying that it isn't as secret as ya might think! LoL

Maybe they figured since y'all were making it in such large quantities it would not be as easy to determine ?

I'm not disputing what you're saying but you have to admit it is surprising with as much of a really big deal they make about keeping it a super-duper top secret recipe :laughing:

I guess even if that leaked recipe is legitimate they are not going to want to say anything that would tend to confirm it.

Maybe they figured since y'all were making it in such large quantities it would not be as easy to determine ?

I'm not disputing what you're saying but you have to admit it is surprising with as much of a really big deal they make about keeping it a super-duper top secret recipe :laughing:

I guess even if that leaked recipe is legitimate they are not going to want to say anything that would tend to confirm it.

Right, they wouldn't confirm it... I was as surprised as you that we were never asked to sign anything etc. We had pallets and pallets of the various spices ad dumped them into huge mixers.

One of the funniest part about working there was that all the guys had big arms from slinging 50 and 100 lb bags of spices around every day...lol

We'd mix the seasonings up top where the mixers were and then go down on the bottom and have to fill 50 pound bags and then stack them on pallets so you'd lift everything twice...lol

And I can only eat Popeyes. Something in KFC doesn't agree with me.
That just happened about 10 years ago. Figured they changed the type of oil or something.
Same with those new Pringles.

Such a shame,i loved them both.
Maybe baking with this maybe KFC recipe can satisfy my chicken urge!

We used to have the buffet option here at a few stores long ago, haven't seen it at any current KFC though since longer than at least a decade.

Right, they wouldn't confirm it... I was as surprised as you that we were never asked to sign anything etc. We had pallets and pallets of the various spices ad dumped them into huge mixers.

One of the funniest part about working there was that all the guys had big arms from slinging 50 and 100 lb bags of spices around every day...lol

We'd mix the seasonings up top where the mixers were and then go down on the bottom and have to fill 50 pound bags and then stack them on pallets so you'd lift everything twice...lol

Hey, I liked the jobs I had that required physical work, helps keep you in shape, I used to figure it's like they are paying me to exercise ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

When doing yard work I used to tell people that some people will pay money to go to a gym to exercise, so why do that when you can get exercise at home for free and get stuff done at the same time !

We used to have the buffet option here at a few stores long ago, haven't seen it at any current KFC though since longer than at least a decade.

I guess if it is a privately owned franchise they likely have the option to choose to have a buffet or not, maybe in some areas it lost them money. (if KFC has privately owned franchises, I guess they do, not sure)

I guess if it is a privately owned franchise they likely have the option to choose to have a buffet or not, maybe in some areas it lost them money. (if KFC has privately owned franchises, I guess they do, not sure)

That's what I was thinking too, who knows? I know it was about the time CiCi's pizza was coming up. I think CiCi's popularized the modern buffet with the $2.99 lunch buffet. I remember Pizza Hut buffets looooong time ago, and Pizza Inn too.

Back
Top Bottom