New Member in Atlanta, Georgia

CLadd4

Hi I'm sort-of new to hunting and haven't even got my first silver yet (oldest coin I've found was a 2002 Indiana state quarter) and I was wondering were some good places are to hunt in the western suburbs of Atlanta and some good hunting advice. Thanks

I travel to Atlanta a good bit. Always think about where to go while I'm there but never get around to it. One day I need to change that. Welcome to the forum. I stay on the north western side when I'm there. Maybe we can meet up someday.

Hello and welcome to this great hobby! Unfortunately Atlanta is not the friendliest of cities towards detectorists...Avoid any public areas ITP...see Atlanta City Ordinances, specifically 12-O-0635 which says:

No person shall do any of the following in any park:
(29) Use metal detectors other than for surface metal detection. The user or party using detectors is prohibited from digging or otherwise damaging park grounds

ADOPTED by the Atlanta City Council June 18, 2012
APPROVED as per City Charter Section 2-403 June 27, 2012

https://www.municode.com/library/ga...["ORDINANCES"],"productIds":[]}&nodeId=550463

I wish this was an April Fool's joke.

Just go OTP. I haven't found any suburbs that have the same rules. Good luck and HH.

Back
Top Bottom