Today in history...Star Trek begins

I had no inherent problem with Star Trek until I got to college. I didn't watch it per se, but, when I first encountered hard core trekies, I began to loathe the very idea of Star Trek.

It was one thing to debate the merits and cool things about the show, but, when they started having a heated argument over whether the Star Trek "Federation" could defeat the Star Wars "Empire" - I think this was taking things to an entirely different level of OMFG these people are crazy. Heck, if they were just discussing it it would have been fine. But, to be fighting over it...

Bab-5 ... Now that was a fine show.

Hard core Trekkies can be a bit strange, but I don't go to conventions so I never see the dress up stuff.
Arguing over Star Wars and Star Trek or who was the best captain is useless but to them it is important.

Now Babylon 5 was a masterpiece...Firefly was also very entertaining.
Network interference almost derailed B5 before it could finish, Firefly had no chance from the get go because the network decided to air the episodes out of order from the beginning....idiots, and suicidal for a serialized story.
Still, both gathered a small but rabid following.
J. Michael Straczynski and Joss Whedon are both geniuses.

Star Trek

Hard core Trekkies can be a bit strange, but I don't go to conventions so I never see the dress up stuff.
Arguing over Star Wars and Star Trek or who was the best captain is useless but to them it is important.

Now Babylon 5 was a masterpiece...Firefly was also very entertaining.
Network interference almost derailed B5 before it could finish, Firefly had no chance from the get go because the network decided to air the episodes out of order from the beginning....idiots, and suicidal for a serialized story.
Still, both gathered a small but rabid following.
J. Michael Straczynski and Joss Whedon are both geniuses.

I always thought it was the non -Trekies that were strange and lacked a imagination . That includes my wife ,but in her defense she was raised in a 3RD world nation.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom