New MD, third hit, found gold..

Seaking406

Elite Member
The day after I bought my first MD, a Garrett Ace 250, I went to a State Park near where I am vacationing in the Florida Panhandle and went for a slow stroll on the beach. Armed with the knowledge and info gleaned from various Youtube videos, I started my first ever metal detecting search. The first two hits earned me two nice twist ties but the third hit got me this nice little MOM ring (reads 10KP inside). It looks to have little glass stones in the heart.

Most likely it could be the only 'jewellery' or gold I will ever find it's my first ;)

the rest of the day was spent finding various pennies and dimes and cleaning up a messy beach.. enjoying every scoop full as the day whiled away..

Not sure if this qualifies as an "oh wow" moment but it's a good one for me.

Sweet

Attachments

• IMG_6658.jpg
    IMG_6658.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 823
Yeah that qualifies for a WOW! (MOM upside down is WOW right?)...'KP' is 'Karat Plumb'...meaning a solid 10k then! Nice work!

Last edited:
Ive found gold between from the first to fifth hole like 5 times beach hunting. It never gets old. But you always say "Wish it was like this every day"

Really nice ring! I haven't found gold since 2016, it seems it is allergic to my etrac :?: doesn't help I NEVER get to the beach though :roll: great start!

Admin please advise the OP that he does not have enough posts or experience to be posting this. I recommend immediate banning from the site and confiscation of his machine and locations. Nah just jealous nice find. Congrats.

Admin please advise the OP that he does not have enough posts or experience to be posting this. I recommend immediate banning from the site and confiscation of his machine and locations. Nah just jealous nice find. Congrats.

Now now, let's not get hasty here.. twas but a lucky find ;)

Now let me show you the 22 lbs gold nugget I found on the beach this morning...

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Cheers

Great find! congrats!
good info on the KP mud, didn't know that myself

Thanks, I also did more research on the terminology and what it says is that a 10K ring could be as little as 9.5 to 10.5K gold, but a 10KP is an exact carat designation.. Thta's it is better to have a 10KP than a 10K gold ring..

Learning something new all the time.

The day after I bought my first MD, a Garrett Ace 250, I went to a State Park near where I am vacationing in the Florida Panhandle and went for a slow stroll on the beach. Armed with the knowledge and info gleaned from various Youtube videos, I started my first ever metal detecting search. The first two hits earned me two nice twist ties but the third hit got me this nice little MOM ring (reads 10KP inside). It looks to have little glass stones in the heart.

Most likely it could be the only 'jewellery' or gold I will ever find it's my first ;)

the rest of the day was spent finding various pennies and dimes and cleaning up a messy beach.. enjoying every scoop full as the day whiled away..

Not sure if this qualifies as an "oh wow" moment but it's a good one for me.

Sweet

Way to go on your very first hunt! Now you have to top that one:lol:

Wow, that's pretty cool!! Reminds of one particular hunt two years back, where after turning the detector on and walking three steps I dug up an 18k white gold ring with a diamond and 24 stones! Now I mostly just dig up pull tabs! :lol:

Wow, that's pretty cool!! Reminds of one particular hunt two years back, where after turning the detector on and walking three steps I dug up an 18k white gold ring with a diamond and 24 stones! Now I mostly just dig up pull tabs! :lol:

So is it better to find BIG right away and find nothing for a long time...
or find nothing for a long time before finding BIG ?!

Either way, it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye ;)

So is it better to find BIG right away and find nothing for a long time...
or find nothing for a long time before finding BIG ?!

Either way, it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye ;)

You gotta Find BIG right away!...Hooked Deep Charged up and dedicated! thats the idea...a guy can coast a few years finding junk after that...Plus, you dont need two eyes for this Sport anyway, just one to get you to the site, after that, its Audio based! Even then, one ear is OK....:laughing:.

I’d rather be lucky than experienced!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d rather be lucky than experienced!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, that's working out GREAT for me..
Found enough change this morning for a cup of coffee, a little angel gold pin (don't think it's valuable or anything) and cleaned up the beach a little more..

You gotta Find BIG right away!...Hooked Deep Charged up and dedicated! thats the idea...a guy can coast a few years finding junk after that...Plus, you dont need two eyes for this Sport anyway, just one to get you to the site, after that, its Audio based! Even then, one ear is OK....:laughing:.

Asked the wife if she would push me along the beach in my old age.. she responded she is more than happy to drag me along the beach... gotta keep an on her as she's looking into trailer hitches for the vehicle...

Back
Top Bottom