Merc at the tot-lot

dumbdigger

Elite Member
As I do every year toward the end of the hunting season (snow), I take a lower end machine and go tot-lot hunting in hopes of finding the yellow stuff.

Took a Xterra 305 that I had listed earlier in the year that didnt sell.
I arrive at one of the older parks here in town that I never pulled silver from.
Guessing it has been pounded over the years.

First thing I notice is the tot-lot has been renewed. Apparently they took all the old equipment down and put brand new stuff in its place.

I honestly didnt think anything of it and started hunting. In about ten minutes probly less a repeatable signal. SILVER DIME! 1918 MERC! I couldnt believe it. Stood back up and looked at her again SMH!

Couple feet over Wheat! Five minutes later another Wheat. At this time I start remembering what the old tot-lot looked like. These were found where the old slide would have been.

I didnt have anymore luck with older coins but did find a small silver rabbit, probly earring.

Ran back out there couple days later with the 3030 and the 6" mounted. Thinking I could get little closer to the metal equipment than a bigger coil.
Hoping to pull few more silvers, NOPE hit on two more Wheats though.

Moral of the story is watch for tot-lots with replaced equipment. Never no where you will find the next silver. Not only that, this was my first time using
the 305 and just goes to show you that if its not there you wont hit on it.

HH DD

Excellent! Congratulations! Once again, Poor old Grandpa got his coin collection raided! I found an IHP fresh drop in a totter not too long ago...It was like mint! Right under the tire swing...I sold it to a guy for $7...:laughing::laughing:

Kids are really bad about this kind of thing it seems...

In just under two weeks I found over twenty wheat cents in a local tot lot. They were all in nice condition. Some were about an inch deep while others were deeper. I'm sure that some kids were playing with their father's coin collection.

Back
Top Bottom