Anybody ever had to pay to hunt a homestead??

Scott in S.C. said:
It's odd, but I was thinking about this just last night. I have several farm fields that had CW camps in them that I can't get permission to hunt, and have thought about "leasing" hunting right just like deer hunters do.

scott

This is silimar to what the farmer said, who I mentioned above.

He said, on my land people pay to fish, they pay to shoot. If you want to detect you are going to have to pay. Although he priced us out of it, he does have a point.
We have far less open (non-farm) land here than you do in the US. Apart from the beaches, all land belongs to someone. (even some beaches have restrictions)

There is always that danger Epi-Hunter.

Although in an area where detecting land is scarce, it may be a case of paying, or not detecting at all.

I would think that if he is going to charge you, then a written agreement should be made up stating that you can keep your finds. If he doesn't care what you find;he shouldn't have a problem signing it. What's five bucks if the site is promising? Just my two cents.

I'm jumpin into this thread a little late, but on a similar note like mountainman said. Have a few preprinted forms with you that RELEASE the property owner from all gains realized from the search of said property since you are paying admission, and therby purchasing said gains. Also since you are paying admission should you suffer any injury, property owner and his/her insurance carrier accepts all liability for injury and resulting consequences and disabilities. I think this could enlighten one to either let you hunt on a handshake or just say no. :D

Epi, LMAO, You got to be kidding about asking permission to look over the college students rental property. Just get a jumpsuit and a yellow hard hat and like Hoser say's "gitter done" Tell them your the Gas person...and I got work to do, so If you don't mind your casting a shadow over my work site....and most importantly I can't talk right now, Im listening for a hiss..... :roll: .......15 minutes and I will be out of here...My best guess no one will look at you twice...Gil

I personally would not pay to hunt. And if you do I agree get in writing that anything you find is yours to keep. If the guy is that mercinary to charge you to look for pennies he will go after your finds for sure. Unless you have reason to believe that there is some real treasure here I would say thanks any way and walk. but thats me. Cladius.

Back
Top Bottom