Another use for a pinpointer.

Silversmith45

Elite Member
While detecting at my old park, which borders the Kansas Turnpike, I noticed three boys crouched along the side of the highway. They were quite a ways off, with a creek between me and them. At first they didn't see me. When a car or a truck would approach, they would rise up and hurl rocks at it. If I would have had a cell phone with me, I would have called the police, but I didn't. Finally they noticed me. They continued to throw rocks. I use a Harbor Freight pinpointer. From a distance it looks like a two way radio. I took it out and acted like I was calling someone. They got up and started walking away. One threw another rock at a truck. I took my camera out of my pocket, and even though they were to far away to get a picture of them, they saw the flash. They must have thought I took their picture, because then they started running. They ran across the park and into a housing development. I couldn't have identified them, but at least I stopped them from throwing any more rocks. They could have killed someone with a rock through a windshield at turnpike speeds.

They needed one of the people in one of the cars to get out of the car chase them down & give them a good ass whooping.

typical heathens. Back in the 80,s, thereabouts, a lady was killed when a bowling ball was thrown off an overpass in southern illinois. Can,t recall if they (it) was caught.

Thank you for doing something. The police should be called and notified. They could have killed someone.

Good possibility isf you call the local police and let them know which housing project they ran into, the authorities would probably have a pretty good idea who they are....probably not the first time they were doing this.

Back
Top Bottom