new member here

RME

New member here from N. Myrtle Beach. I have been metal detecting on and off for about 35 years mostly parks & beach areas. Just made my 1st trip to look for Civil War stuff in Culpeper ,Va last week with my son. Happy to be here.

Last edited:
welcome from washington county wisconsin. i'm new to the hobby and forum as well, but everyone here has been helpful, knowlegeable, and well friendly.

Welcome from Winnsboro South Carolina !!!!

I'd like to do some beach hunting but I'm way too far from the coastline :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from Boston RME. 45 years detecting, huh? So your first detector used vacuum tubes instead of transistors? Don’t laugh. I had a Fisher 2-box detector that had vacuum tubes and a huge battery. My dad got it from a neighbor and gave it to me. I brought it to a club meeting years ago for kind of a “Show and Tell”. One of our members was Fisher dealer and he offered to buy it. Nice wall hanger display item for him now. The box ends were made of Masonite and had the coil windings mounted around the inside of each box. Cool looking relic of the hobby.
Jim

Hello from Dayville Oregon. I'm new to the forum too, though have been detecting for about 3 years now, my husband and I both.
We ranch btwn Dayville and Picture Gorge.
Our deeded has the Dalles military road running through it (which was the old wagon route to Canyon City, gold fields).
Our ranch has a rich history and we're just discovering it. Sold most of our ranch in SW ND.
But we had General Sully's 1864 bunch go through there and have a lot of relics from virgin camps we detected.
Our new place here in E. OR may just have Camp Lincoln on it. Several locals seem to think so. And after what I've been finding, it just may be so.
Excited to be here and see what people have to find and share info and such.

Back
Top Bottom