Feedback needed on Garrett Ace 300

CoinHunterLV

Hi everybody!

I am planning on getting Garrett Ace 300 soon, just wanted to ask for some feedback about this detector.
Who has/had it, which pros and cons does it have, etc.

Thanks in advance!
bb1b64ce6a6f7127dbbbc4ad76931525.jpg

Treasure awaits!

tell us about how you plan to use this detector. This detector has some features that go against many of the conditions it may be put up against. If you are in an area where the soil is sweet and the trash is low then you should be alright. I did not like mine.

tell us about how you plan to use this detector. This detector has some features that go against many of the conditions it may be put up against. If you are in an area where the soil is sweet and the trash is low then you should be alright. I did not like mine.
I am planning to have it as a first detector to start detecting as a hobby.
Idea is to use it in forests where mineralisation should not be the issue and trash shouldn't be also.

Treasure awaits!

I started with an ace 250 , Its reliable and fun. I found a lot of gold with mine
Learn it and you will be happy.

I started with an ace 250 , Its reliable and fun. I found a lot of gold with mine
Learn it and you will be happy.
I was thinking about Ace 250 also, but stopped on a thought that I would like to have something up-to-date, just to be sure that any kinds of previous hardware bugs are solved, if there might be any and also updated functions which are always nice.
Had looked up a lot of reviews online and it seems that Ace 300 is a nice price-quality ratio for a beginners device.

Treasure awaits!

My advice is you may consider putting another $300 together and going with the ATPro. Whatever you do end up with, you will find a lot of really cool and interesting relics and coins. Good luck! Please post pics of your finds!

My advice is you may consider putting another $300 together and going with the ATPro. Whatever you do end up with, you will find a lot of really cool and interesting relics and coins. Good luck! Please post pics of your finds!
Was considering AT Pro, as I work in a shop that sells detectors, yesterday had a chance to put my hands on a brand new AT Pro in package. Was excited, felt good, but I am tight on my budget, so I need to lay down possibility of having it in near future.

Treasure awaits!

I haven't used the ace 300 yet , but I used an ace 250 for years and I got an ace 350 for my son about a year ago. The 300 should be an improvement....but the 250 seemed to false a lot , I liked it but only after getting used to its quirks. The 350 falses less but it does not show a difference between dime and quarter and for a coin hunter that is very disappointing. The 300 as far as I know gives a numeric readout which may help in distinguishing dime from quarter and be helpful with other targets as well....should be a decent first detector once you get used to the bell tone. Rumor has it that a new AT pro can be had now for just a little over $400 , but I do understand the budget issue.

Garrett makes some good products and I have been happy with them but from what I can see , Fisher F22 and F44 look really good as well.

I haven't used the ace 300 yet , but I used an ace 250 for years and I got an ace 350 for my son about a year ago. The 300 should be an improvement....but the 250 seemed to false a lot , I liked it but only after getting used to its quirks. The 350 falses less but it does not show a difference between dime and quarter and for a coin hunter that is very disappointing. The 300 as far as I know gives a numeric readout which may help in distinguishing dime from quarter and be helpful with other targets as well....should be a decent first detector once you get used to the bell tone. Rumor has it that a new AT pro can be had now for just a little over $400 , but I do understand the budget issue.

Garrett makes some good products and I have been happy with them but from what I can see , Fisher F22 and F44 look really good as well.
Thank you for your post!

One of main reasons why I want newer model is to have that ID on display, seems to be really helpful.

Regarding AT Pro, I haven't mentioned, but I am from Europe's small country.
Mainly people that are buying detectors think that they can "go big" if they buy that cheap GO-Find 20 or they go all in and buy something in line with E-Trac or higher, without any knowledge about hunting or detectors at all.
Back to the point.. Since AT Pro are not really going well in sales, the price range on cheapest starts from $560+ (converted from Euro), the common price is $600+, this is why I want to buy Ace 300 to start with, since I won't need all the cool functions and improvements of AT Pro for some time while learning and the price will be 2-3 times lower.
Ideally I will be looking on AT Pro in future when prices will go down and they will, since Garrett is teasing us with new model in May!

Treasure awaits!

Back
Top Bottom