Traded a recent token find for some old Silver...

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Earlier this year I found that cool Mouse Trap Saloon Token. I do not collect tokens, but I do stack as much silver as I can get so I accepted an 1899S Morgan and 4 scrap Barber Quarters in trade for it?

I finally got my silver dollar through metal detecting...sort of...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the token you traded away? I remember seeing your post when you found it, but I don't remember what it looked like.

Congrats with the trade!

Can you post a pic of the token you traded away? I remember seeing your post when you found it, but I don't remember what it looked like.

Congrats with the trade!

Here ya go...

Last edited:
Here ya go...

Oh yea, now I remember what it looks like. As long as you're happy with the trade outcome, that's all that matters. Man, I have a hard time with selling or trading away my detecting finds. I know that everyone is different about that sort of thing, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Wow. Nice trade. !! I got three tokens now. wonder what they are worth !!

Like everything else it depends on their rarity and how much someone is willing to part with to get them. I usually find 30+ tokens a year. Probably a third of them are the old Palmolive varieties.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but someone posted not long ago about get their token registered. Can't find the thread now so I can look mine up.
Anyone?

FOUND IT

Oh yea, now I remember what it looks like. As long as you're happy with the trade outcome, that's all that matters. Man, I have a hard time with selling or trading away my detecting finds. I know that everyone is different about that sort of thing, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I feel the same way, I haven't even spent any of the clad Iv'e found
I guess someday my kids will cash in the clad and melt the rest :grin:

That one might have been hard to pass up though, I like silver better than tokens too.
Congrats on a nice trade!

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but someone posted not long ago about get their token registered. Can't find the thread now so I can look mine up.

Anyone?

I think they were referring to getting it listed in a catalog if not a token previously known. The Mouse Trap Saloon was the second token I have found not listed in the catalog. I have another one from Kansas that is the only known one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they were referring to getting it listed in a catalog if not a token previously known. The Mouse Trap Saloon was the second token I have found not listed in the catalog. I have another one from Kansas that is the only known one.

Yea, I just found the thread. thanks.

I feel the same way, I haven't even spent any of the clad Iv'e found

I guess someday my kids will cash in the clad and melt the rest :grin:

That one might have been hard to pass up though, I like silver better than tokens too.

Congrats on a nice trade!

I spend my clad every couple of months. Except the dang pennies, I have 100 pounds of those puppies.

Token was super cool, as cool as any I've seen...

But a Morgan is a silver dollar....

Any day IMO... Congrats man!

<°)))>{

Token was super cool, as cool as any I've seen...

But a Morgan is a silver dollar....

Any day IMO... Congrats man!

<°)))>{

My thinking on tokens is that they are very cool, but if the SHTF silver will have value as a historic form of money. An old token? Not gonna put food on the table or get me more ammo in trade or keep my water germ free

Niiiice! I'da done it to for the exact reasons you did...Some guys really collect tokens....in our Coin Club theres a guy who is just nuts about them and will trade for them too...Good Job!

Nice trade, your happy, they're happy, all good. I think that emotionally my first silvers I ever find and colonials will not get sold. Clad will definitely get tumbled and put towards new stuff.

Awesome man nice score!

Thanks CD.

Niiiice! I'da done it to for the exact reasons you did...Some guys really collect tokens....in our Coin Club theres a guy who is just nuts about them and will trade for them too...Good Job!

Thanks Mud.

Nice trade, your happy, they're happy, all good. I think that emotionally my first silvers I ever find and colonials will not get sold. Clad will definitely get tumbled and put towards new stuff.

Thanks griz.

Back
Top Bottom