My Super Secret Virgin Site Gives Up Sterling!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
I think I just found my favorite piece ever.

I went back to the site this morning hoping to get a couple hours hunting in, kinda getting over a 2-day put me out of my misery kind of headache, and didn't know how log I could stand to hunt.

About an hour in, after just wandering aimlessly around the area I have already spent about 20 hours gridding and thought I had cleaned out pretty well, I got an iffy signal that was in the penny/quarter range. It was a strange signal but had a nice sound to it. I was digging everything anyway and running my hot open program to see what if anything I had missed.

Much to my surprise, this thing popped out. Marked both 925 and STERLING. It's absolutely the best silver piece of jewelry I have ever found, and the first piece of fine jewelry I've gotten out of this site. Nothing else of note, just 68 cents in clad. I didn't last very long after that, had to get to my mowing this afternoon.

I plan to go back in a day or to to see if I can find the chain. I tried but my little shovel wasn't as helpful for that search, so I'll take a regular one back with me.

This pendant is 1-1/2 inches long x 3/4 inch wide x 1/8 inch thick. Not sure on the weight, my crummy scale ate another battery and is refusing to play nice.

Thanks for lookin'! :yes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cool pendant, is it the size of a military dog tag?

Also, I'm puzzled by the significance of the word OUT, what's that about?

<°)))>{

Cool pendant, is it the size of a military dog tag?

Also, I'm puzzled by the significance of the word OUT, what's that about?

<°)))>{

Thanks! It's just about that size, yes. I'm puzzled by that OUT thing also, haven't found any clues hunting on the web yet either....

That's an awesome piece of silver there congrats!

Thank you!

Oh wow that's a nice chunk of silver, congrats!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom