First silver with the patriot.

Diggerjonny

Elite Member
took a short trip to the park today with the patriot. 3 hour hunt looking for gold but found silver 43 s nickle. It was about 8 inches deep, it rang up between 68 72 on the patriot. Out of the hole it rang up a little higher than a nickle.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 211
So far I like it. It has a lot of different ways to set it up. Which I like. Depth is good,so is target I.d. Has a bit of a learning curve.compared to my other machines it's right up there with my at pro ,the Tesoro outlaw.

So far I like it. It has a lot of different ways to set it up. Which I like. Depth is good,so is target I.d. Has a bit of a learning curve.compared to my other machines it's right up there with my at pro ,the Tesoro outlaw.

You got up-averaged on that nickel.
Fishers are designed to do that around iron and in mineralized soil, even a little bit of mineralization.
The deeper the target the higher the numbers can go.
What were your GB numbers and how many bars on your dirt meter at this site?

In Kansas and Missouri dirt average GB numbers were from the mid 40's to maybe the mid 50's a few places with one bar on the dirt meter...if that, most times I had no bars.
Not a lot of up averaging going on there from what I saw.
Where I live now in Alabama numbers are always in the low to mid 60's at least but frequently go into the high 60's, 70's and up to th low 80's and usually with full bars on the dirt meter.

In my difficult SE. red devil dirt, even the not so red black stuff, all my numbers soar as you get deeper...even past 2".

A regular nickel here is 32 on the surface, 40's -50's at 3-4", at 5" and definitely 6" or more it is into the high 80's to low 90's every time and all of them...buffs, V's, war and any other Jefferson's.
All my targets up-average here as they get deeper, IH's, clad, all coins and even trash and I use that knowledge to my advantage...once I learned a different numbering system for my deeper targets.
I found out recently in my dirt my Mojave up averages pretty good here too.

A few used this thread/log I started to cut down the learning curve a bit they tell me.
Everything I learned, observed and discovered for the first 7 months I used my F70 and all my settings and results in good Kansas soil.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

I am an insanely mad and anal tweaker, I tried a ton of settings plus continued to do that after I stopped adding to this thread.
Here in the SE. it is a whole new and different ball game but I have written a lot about how I hunt here and my settings and observations in other posts.

Great unit, I have done more than well with mine in every site I have taken it to so far.
I have yet to come across a site or any conditions it could not conquer with the right settings

Last edited:
Congrats on the war nickel. Did you notice it is not as smooth as a regular nickel? I dug my first one a few months ago and it threw me off because it had a high tone. At first I thought I was digging a penny.

You got up-averaged on that nickel.
Fishers are designed to do that around iron and in mineralized soil, even a little bit of mineralization.
The deeper the target the higher the numbers can go.
What were your GB numbers and how many bars on your dirt meter at this site?

In Kansas and Missouri dirt average GB numbers were from the mid 40's to maybe the mid 50's a few places with one bar on the dirt meter...if that, most times I had no bars.
Not a lot of up averaging going on there from what I saw.
Where I live now in Alabama numbers are always in the low to mid 60's at least but frequently go into the high 60's, 70's and up to th low 80's and usually with full bars on the dirt meter.

In my difficult SE. red devil dirt, even the not so red black stuff, all my numbers soar as you get deeper...even past 2".

A regular nickel here is 32 on the surface, 40's -50's at 3-4", at 5" and definitely 6" or more it is into the high 80's to low 90's every time and all of them...buffs, V's, war and any other Jefferson's.
All my targets up-average here as they get deeper, IH's, clad, all coins and even trash and I use that knowledge to my advantage...once I learned a different numbering system for my deeper targets.
I found out recently in my dirt my Mojave up averages pretty good here too.

A few used this thread/log I started to cut down the learning curve a bit they tell me.
Everything I learned, observed and discovered for the first 7 months I used my F70 and all my settings and results in good Kansas soil.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

I am an insanely mad and anal tweaker, I tried a ton of settings plus continued to do that after I stopped adding to this thread.
Here in the SE. it is a whole new and different ball game but I have written a lot about how I hunt here and my settings and observations in other posts.

Great unit, I have done more than well with mine in every site I have taken it to so far.
I have yet to come across a site or any conditions it could not conquer with the right settings

My ground balance was around 70 72. One bar on dirt meter. I have read that post very good info. My setting was 70 sens,-1 thresh ,de,3h for tones. I have noticed here as well my target will average up too. I like to tweak my settings alot to i want to get the best settings for my hunting conditions. Last part of my hunt i took disc up too zinc,sens to 30,thresh too plus1, sniped around the old picnic shelter,found a few more pennies that way.

Congrats on the war nickel. Did you notice it is not as smooth as a regular nickel? I dug my first one a few months ago and it threw me off because it had a high tone. At first I thought I was digging a penny.

I thought is was a penny at first with the vid i saw. The tone was weird,made me think it was something else.

Great job !! how do you like the Patriot compared to your other detectors?

LOL, Was going to ask that exact question.

Good to know, I'm kicking-around the thought of trying something different, and been looking at the Patriot. Guess I'm gonna have to up my clad-stabbin' game :lol:

Congrats on the War Nickle!

Back
Top Bottom