Local City Park Gives Up Some Silver

pballwiz

On Sunday afternoon a had a couple free hours. I could either detect or watch the Browns game. I figured I'd have a less chance being disappointed if I did some detecting :)
So I get there and literally the first thing I dig is a 1942 Mercury dime. So now I'm feeling really glad I didn't waste the afternoon watching football :)
I ended up with another Merc, a dateless buffalo nickel and handful of wheat pennies (half of them dated before 1935).
The craziest thing thing about the hunt is I only dug $0.53 in modern clad.
I was hunting a small outer corner of the park. Obviously that area was used more in the past than present time. There's a lot more area to hunt at the place so I'm defiantly going back. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some more silver out of the ground.
I was using the Bill_S Park pattern on my e-Trac which is now my favorite coin hunting pattern.

Attachments

• 091717a_finds.jpg
    091717a_finds.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 451
Schweet!! Some advice you've surely already considered - go back to that spot and hit it HARD! Parks are like anywhere else - hot spots. 90% of that area might be barren, but stumble onto a hot spot and score big. Congrats!

Good for you and good decision you made. Im in NE Ohio as well, if you want some "help" hitting that park holler! Would be cool to meet up with a fellow forum member! Congrats on your finds..

Wow what a park!! Bill is a good buddy if mine it's a awesome cherry picking program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell Bill, "Thanks"! I love how it blocks out square tabs and pull tabs and lets the nickels through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Schweet!! Some advice you've surely already considered - go back to that spot and hit it HARD! Parks are like anywhere else - hot spots. 90% of that area might be barren, but stumble onto a hot spot and score big. Congrats!
Yeah I'm going to hit it again with my Sunray 5" coil. Most of the coins were 6-7 inches down which I should be able to hit with that coil. This was only like my 4th hunt with the e-Trac and I'm really liking it.

Yeah I'm going to hit it again with my Sunray 5" coil. Most of the coins were 6-7 inches down which I should be able to hit with that coil. This was only like my 4th hunt with the e-Trac and I'm really liking it.

Sounds like a great plan of attack. I love my x-5 for the etrac. Has found me plenty that The standard coil overlooked. I noticed you're from ne Ohio, I'm from Erie, Pa. I do a lot of hunting on the Pa/Oh border. I recently spent a day at the wineries just south of Geneva. Beautiful area. Couldn't help to notice the history there. Any chance you're from there? Already have plans to go knocking. Any chance you'd be up for some joint efforts? Feel free to PM me. No offense intended.

I like the green wheaties. And ya can't argue with silver. Congratz.
Yeah digging those old green wheats is fun.
I just wish the ratio of silver to copper was a little bit better. Some of those wheats were pretty old too.
I'm definitely going back when it cools off a bit. It's been extremely warm and humid up here in NE Ohio. Hoping I can pull a few more nice coins from that park.

Back
Top Bottom