Sending my Pro-Pointer II for repairs

I had a HF pinpointed that I modded that I can use

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I just looked, mine won't be 2 years old until November. Maybe I should send it in before the warranty expires. I guess if I go through the same problems you have, that will be a pretty good indication of my future decisions.

I'd send it back before it's out of warranty.. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your service.. I'll give them one more chance and call them Monday about mine..

I just looked, mine won't be 2 years old until November. Maybe I should send it in before the warranty expires. I guess if I go through the same problems you have, that will be a pretty good indication of my future decisions.

I sent mine in on 9/7 for issue of it not vibrating, it still had some warranty left on it, they sent what looks like a new one back on the 14th, it might be my imagination but the sensitivity seems much greater than my last one, the distance even with it plasti-dipped with 3 coats seems to be at least an inch to 2in. greater?
I thought while I'm at it I had a pair of Stow-Aways that the left side stopped working that I try to get replaced, they were a year out of warranty , they asked for receipt which I gave them, they said they would do it this one time.
got to love Garrett's support!

I jinxed myself posting in this thread :laughing:

I used it today, and was acting much worse. There were a few holes I had to turn it off and on 2 or 3 times :mad: For the cost of these things, you'd think there would be less trouble with them.

I guess I've got little choice than to send it back in. Hopefully I'll get one back that works longer than this one did,

I don't really want one that detects too far, a couple inches distance is fine for me.

ETA: Just emailed Garrett for RMA #

ETA2: Got a reply about an hour later, they'll be waiting for it. Well, I say kudos to Garrett for answering their emails, many places don't, and I hate dealing with automated phone stuff :mad: Won't be able to mail it in for a couple days, unless it rains.

Last edited:
I jinxed myself posting in this thread :laughing:

I used it today, and was acting much worse. There were a few holes I had to turn it off and on 2 or 3 times :mad: For the cost of these things, you'd think there would be less trouble with them.

I guess I've got little choice than to send it back in. Hopefully I'll get one back that works longer than this one did,

I don't really want one that detects too far, a couple inches distance is fine for me.

ETA: Just emailed Garrett for RMA #

ETA2: Got a reply about an hour later, they'll be waiting for it. Well, I say kudos to Garrett for answering their emails, many places don't, and I hate dealing with automated phone stuff :mad: Won't be able to mail it in for a couple days, unless it rains.
I had just called them up.. not an automated system

Ditto.. I don't like playing phone tag either

Mine quits working in use as well. I thought it was a weak battery and just replaced it and it didn't change. Some times, the switch won't turn on until I tap it against my Sampson.It probably is wet or mud causing my issues.I use XP Mi 6 pointer but then I am using different machines and resorting back to Garrett pointer 2.Mine lab is releasing a new water resistant pointer,I will probably look closer to since it has a iron audio ID added as well.I am done with Garretts, they simply don't last.

Well, after hunting a park this AM, and the POS Harbor Freight PP not worth taking along, I just ordered a Carrot :laughing:

I was making it a point to be neat in the park, while I was doing just that, it was putting me on my knee longer than I wanted to be there.

Never thought I was that spoiled on a Pinpointer....I guess I'm whipped :p

Mine was delivered to Garrett today also

I just hope after the third time it will be fixed. I, and they, don't want me calling them again

Well, today starts with disappointment :roll:

I took the new Carrot out yesterday to a park for some clad hunting. In the process of digging $5 in clad, I noticed the PP didn't seem to be as sensitive as my PP II (which is in for repairs). It got to the point I was actually pushing the coin before it would sense it.

I thought it was possibly the battery that came in it, and I'd replace it and all would be good. Nope. I just put a volt meter on the battery, 9.5 v. I even swapped for a new one, :mad:

I can actually touch the edge of a penny to the tip....and nothing. If I flip the face to the tip, it will only read within 3/8 to 1/4" and closer. It's only slightly better from the side of the tip, maybe 1/2".

Needless to say, I'm not happy about this, one PP in for repairs, buy a spare ad it's worthless during the 1st use. I'll be contacting Garrett ASAP shortly :mad:

This is ridiculous!

I'm done with Garrett pp's
The original PP false. I returned it to Garrett. It still false when I got it back. I called them and was told it was now out of warranty

Back
Top Bottom