Solid Spade Produced Completely from Titan Metal and Designed for Metal Detecting

SuchMuch

Hi Guys,
Recently yet another valuable find (pendant dd 10th - 13th century) was damaged badly by me with the small spade. The only way to prevent any damage done to finds is to make wider and deeper holes. Wider and deeper holes means spade with a larger and longer blade...

Right at the moment there are 2-3 models of spades those would suite me, but they are heavy (about 2 kgs and even heavier) and 1 of them has a woodern handle that would be broken for sure.

I'm thinking about solid spade designed for metal detecting needs and produced completely (blade and handle) from titan metal. It should be a strong and lightweight spade at the same time... You would ask me why titan metal to be used? Here are my answers:

• Dirt/wet ground easily falls off objects produced from titan metal, titan spade will not be overweight with dirt when conditions are damp.
  • Titan is the most strongest metal available on planet earth. Objects produced from titan are strong, wear-resistant and durable
  • Titan is a lightweight metall. As a rule, top premium tourist equipment is produced from titan.
  • Titan does not corrode. Should it become wet under rain, it will not be impacted at all.
  • Solid spade means no remavable parts, therefore overal reliability will be high. Handle won't brake as it usually happens with wooden handle spades.

I have contacted the firm specialized in producing bicycle frames and circus equipment from titan and offered to produce limited edition of titan spade specially designed for detectorists. All together we worked up Solid Titan Spade Project:

Solid Titan Spade Project:​​
Just to give you an idea how it will look like:
9851952.jpg

On a picture above is a lesche model produced from a steel. Titan spade will be of same shape but with different parametres.

Solid Titan Spade Parameters:
  • Overall height from the very top till the very bottom is 70 cms
  • "T" handle
  • Handle is 49,5 cms long
  • Blade is concave (part of cylinder) and its dimensions are: Width 17,5 cms x Height 20,5 cms
  • Blade thikness is 2-3 mm
  • Blade with a step
  • There will be 2-3 parts designed to strengthen the handle and the blade
  • Overal weight will be 1,1 - 1,3 kgs whilst overal strength is secured high
  • Russian titanium grades equal to well known titanium grade 9 3Al-2.5V will be used

<<REMINDER!! THIS IS NOT THE VENUE TO ATTEMPT TO SELL ITEMS>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking Titanium?

I'd had a few replies typed-out, but I'll just say this.

Why would someone in the US pay that much when they could get one here for half the cost? Would "I" buy one? No, but I wouldn't buy an $80 one either, but that's just me.

Now, if you want to send me a quantity of free Stoli, I'll be glad to discuss it further :yes:

Won't buy anything made of titan, because the stuff I want is called titanium...

<°)))>{

Won't buy anything made of titan, because the stuff I want is called titanium...

<°)))>{
If you don't mind I can invite English guys to teach you how to speak English or American English (choose the right one suites you most)

You understood me the right way: I'm speaking about metal "titan"

Are you talking Titanium?

I'd had a few replies typed-out, but I'll just say this.

Why would someone in the US pay that much when they could get one here for half the cost? Would "I" buy one? No, but I wouldn't buy an $80 one either, but that's just me.

Now, if you want to send me a quantity of free Stoli, I'll be glad to discuss it further :yes:
Interesing! Would you pls point to products made of titanium with half of the price. Frankly speaking, I failed to find good quality goods made of titan metal

If you don't mind I can invite English guys to teach you how to speak English or American English (choose the right one suites you most)

You understood me the right way: I'm speaking about metal "titan"

Please do...

I choose Detroit style, so what it be yo?

<°)))>{

Unless you know something that nobody else knows, you have to pick from this list yo..

3 Li Lithium
4 Be Beryllium
11 Na Sodium
12 Mg Magnesium
13 Al Aluminum
19 K Potassium
20 Ca Calcium
21 Sc Scandium
22 Ti Titanium
23 V Vanadium
24 Cr Chromium
25 Mn Manganese
26 Fe Iron
27 Co Cobalt
28 Ni Nickel
29 Cu Copper
30 Zn Zinc
31 Ga Gallium
37 Rb Rubidium
38 Sr Strontium
39 Y Yttrium
40 Zr Zirconium
41 Nb Niobium
42 Mo Molybdenum
43 Tc Technetium
44 Ru Ruthenium
45 Rh Rhodium
46 Pd Palladium
47 Ag Silver
48 Cd Cadmium
49 In Indium
50 Sn Tin
55 Cs Cesium
56 Ba Barium
57 La Lanthanum
58 Ce Cerium
59 Pr Praseodymium
60 Nd Neodymium
61 Pm Promethium
62 Sm Samarium
63 Eu Europium
64 Gd Gadolinium
65 Tb Terbium
66 Dy Dysprosium
67 Ho Holmium
68 Er Erbium
69 Tm Thulium
70 Yb Ytterbium
71 Lu Lutetium
72 Hf Hafnium
73 Ta Tantalum
74 W Tungsten
75 Re Rhenium
76 Os Osmium
77 Ir Iridium
78 Pt Platinum
79 Au Gold
80 Hg Mercury
81 Tl Thallium
82 Pb Lead
83 Bi Bismuth
84 Po Polonium
87 Fr Francium
88 Ra Radium
89 Ac Actinium
90 Th Thorium
91 Pa Protactinium
92 U Uranium
93 Np Neptunium
94 Pu Plutonium
95 Am Americium
96 Cm Curium
97 Bk Berkelium
98 Cf Californium
99 Es Einsteinium
100 Fm Fermium
101 Md Mendelevium
102 No Nobelium
103 Lr Lawrencium
104 Rf Rutherfordium
105 Db Dubnium
106 Sg Seaborgium
107 Bh Bohrium
108 Hs Hassium
109 Mt Meitnerium
110 Ds Darmstadtium
111 Rg Roentgenium
112 Cn Copernicium
113 Uut Ununtrium
114 Fl Flerovium
115 Uup Ununpentium
116 Lv Livermorium

So what it be?

<°)))>{

Unless you know something that nobody else knows, you have to pick from this list yo..

3LiLithium

4BeBeryllium

11NaSodium

12MgMagnesium

13AlAluminum

19KPotassium

20CaCalcium

21ScScandium

22TiTitanium

23VVanadium

24CrChromium

25MnManganese

26FeIron

27CoCobalt

28NiNickel

29CuCopper

30ZnZinc

31GaGallium

37RbRubidium

38SrStrontium

39YYttrium

40ZrZirconium

41NbNiobium

42MoMolybdenum

43TcTechnetium

44RuRuthenium

45RhRhodium

46PdPalladium

47AgSilver

48CdCadmium

49InIndium

50SnTin

55CsCesium

56BaBarium

57LaLanthanum

58CeCerium

59PrPraseodymium

60NdNeodymium

61PmPromethium

62SmSamarium

63EuEuropium

64GdGadolinium

65TbTerbium

66DyDysprosium

67HoHolmium

68ErErbium

69TmThulium

70YbYtterbium

71LuLutetium

72HfHafnium

73TaTantalum

74WTungsten

75ReRhenium

76OsOsmium

77IrIridium

78PtPlatinum

79AuGold

80HgMercury

81TlThallium

82PbLead

83BiBismuth

84PoPolonium

87FrFrancium

88RaRadium

89AcActinium

90ThThorium

91PaProtactinium

92UUranium

93NpNeptunium

94PuPlutonium

95AmAmericium

96CmCurium

97BkBerkelium

98CfCalifornium

99EsEinsteinium

100FmFermium

101MdMendelevium

102NoNobelium

103LrLawrencium

104RfRutherfordium

105DbDubnium

106SgSeaborgium

107BhBohrium

108HsHassium

109MtMeitnerium

110DsDarmstadtium

111RgRoentgenium

112CnCopernicium

113UutUnuntrium

114FlFlerovium

115UupUnunpentium

116LvLivermorium

So what it be?

<°)))>{

🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesing! Would you pls point to products made of titanium with half of the price. Frankly speaking, I failed to find good quality goods made of titan metal

Why does it have to be made of titanium? It's like trying to sell a diamond encrusted hand digger. Sure, it may look nice, but the only purpose it serves is driving up cost.

You're trying to re-invent the wheel. Retailers here have (or make) these items in bulk, it cuts down on cost. Have your vendor quote you a price on 2,000 shovels, see what it does for the cost.

<°)))>{

It is a completely titanium shovel that he is talking about.The pictured lesche shovels are only for reference of what the design will be similar to.The blade will be long compared to most shovels.

The reasons to build a titanium shovel- It will be light weight for those who carry a shovel for any distance such as to detect at civil war camp or wooded areas...and it will not rust.

Why does it have to be made of titanium? It's like trying to sell a diamond encrusted hand digger. Sure, it may look nice, but the only purpose it serves is driving up cost.

You're trying to re-invent the wheel. Retailers here have (or make) these items in bulk, it cuts down on cost. Have your vendor quote you a price on 2,000 shovels, see what it does for the cost.
When you travel 10 km on feet one way just to approach the site and then you hunt all day long and then you travel 10 km back, you have nothing but to count every kg you have with you. Small spades can damage (just damage on regular basis) finds. Strong showel with large blade and lightweight at the same time could be made of titanium only. That's how "titan" spade project appeared.

So far all titanium spades present on RU market are believed to be a pure rubbish.

Subject thread is just to reveal if any interest could be from USA detectorists

So what do you think is the total weight you pack for your 6 mile walk? I can't see it being over 20 pounds at the most, with water being the bulk of that weight.

If your titanium shovel saves you 2 pounds, are you really going to notice the difference between 18 and 20 pounds? If a 20 pound pack for a 6 mile walk (one way, since you would be consuming your water before returning, so that weight would be lowered), then you may want to reconsider where you detect, or maybe go to the gym.

Remember Rule #1 of Zombieland.....cardio

I saw on your Russian forum that 5 people said they would buy it, and so far it seems there is little interest here. Looks like your market will be limited, and even more so by someone who would pay that amount as well as finding someone concerned with saving a couple pounds in a backpack to offset the cost. Not to mention the smaller numbers of those who hike that far to begin with. Sure, there are those who do it, but I'd guess those numbers are small. You have an extremely limited customer base.

I wish you the best of luck though!

Now, about that free Stoli :cool:

Hi Guys,
Recently yet another valuable find (pendant dd 10th - 13th century) was damaged badly by me with the small spade. The only way to prevent any damage done to finds is to make wider and deeper holes. Wider and deeper holes means spade with a larger and longer blade...

Right at the moment there are 2-3 models of spades those would suite me, but they are heavy (about 2 kgs and even heavier) and 1 of them has a woodern handle that would be broken for sure.

I'm thinking about solid spade designed for metal detecting needs and produced completely (blade and handle) from titan metal. It should be a strong and lightweight spade at the same time... You would ask me why titan metal to be used? Here are my answers:

• Dirt/wet ground easily falls off objects produced from titan metal, titan spade will not be overweight with dirt when conditions are damp.
  • Titan is the most strongest metal available on planet earth. Objects produced from titan are strong, wear-resistant and durable
  • Titan is a lightweight metall. As a rule, top premium tourist equipment is produced from titan.
  • Titan does not corrode. Should it become wet under rain, it will not be impacted at all.
  • Solid spade means no remavable parts, therefore overal reliability will be high. Handle won't brake as it usually happens with wooden handle spades.

I have contacted the firm specialized in producing bicycle frames and circus equipment from titan and offered to produce limited edition of titan spade specially designed for detectorists. All together we worked up Solid Titan Spade Project:

Solid Titan Spade Project:​​
Just to give you an idea how it will look like:
9851952.jpg

On a picture above is a lesche model produced from a steel. Titan spade will be of same shape but with different parametres.

Solid Titan Spade Parameters:
  • Overall height from the very top till the very bottom is 70 cms
  • "T" handle
  • Handle is 49,5 cms long
  • Blade is concave (part of cylinder) and its dimensions are: Width 17,5 cms x Height 20,5 cms
  • Blade thikness is 2-3 mm
  • Blade with a step
  • There will be 2-3 parts designed to strengthen the handle and the blade
  • Overal weight will be 1,1 - 1,3 kgs whilst overal strength is secured high
  • Russian titanium grades equal to well known titanium grade 9 3Al-2.5V will be used

<<REMINDER!! THIS IS NOT THE VENUE TO ATTEMPT TO SELL ITEMS>>

Your initial post has been edited. Consider contacting Vlad, the Forum Owner to become a Sponsor.

First of all I'm not selling these spades!

7-8 enthusiasts are ready so far to place order with the manufacturer.
Once I obtain the spade I need I'll no longer care how spades will be sold/produced etc, it will be manufacturer's concern

As to question about the weight. Yes, I do care about weight I carry on. This spade will be 1.1 - 1.2 kg, existing steel spades with the same qualities weight 2 kgs and 2,2 kgs.

Back
Top Bottom