Do I need a New Pin Pointer?

wmgeorge

Forum Supporter
I have been using the Whites Bulls Eye PP as it came "free" with the detector. Is there a better one? I do find things in dirt with it but wondering if the Garrett or others are better and might speed things up.

Definitely better but at least you're not waving dirt over the coil. I'd use my Bullseye if I didn't have the Garrett and Whites TRX. The Garretts Carrot is my first grab in the field.

Even the Deteknix X-Pointer beats the Bullseye and costs $89. I own them all

When it comes to buying new MDing gear, the default answer is always yes :D

How far away from a coin will it hit, with fresh batteries? I looked at some reviews, and it seemed to be pretty comparable with the Garrett (not the Carrot)

I have both Garrett pinpointers and a Deteknix X-Pointer, would not hunt without them...

I remember the cruddy little pinpointer that came with a package deal I got, it was not a hugely useful tool. I'd upgrade if I was in your shoes.

So are there part numbers for those you recommended? Since my new to me Tesoro Comparde came today I have been testing it out and it works fine. My wife is excited that she will get to use it, and I think the Whites Bullseye would work well with it.

So I need another one..... for me. The Garrett carrot is that the orange one and is there a updated one that's better???

So which one are most using, I do not need waterproof but need more sensitivity than the Whites Bullseye

Deteknix Pin-pointer Metal Detector Xpointer Orange with Ratio Audio/vibration Indication

OR

Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector, Orange

So a few of the Garretts look like went back for repairs. Deteknix has no issues?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom