Roman gold tremissis

A

argentum40

Went to the club rally this past weekend.. got out of th ecar and looked at the lads on the field digging to their hearts content pulling up manky roman bronzes of AE3 and barbarous radiate type.. Got my MXT out and casually wandered onto the field.. first signal was a lump of lead :( ok plenty of time so off i go again and after a load of iron spits and farts a lovely soft 2 way signal.. more lead i think but dig anyway... try the spoil and its out of the hole but i loose it :roll:

flatten ground out and yer there it is.. grab probe BEEP BEEP and oooooo is that gold.. OMFGG i dont believe it.... i shout at top of my voice as i have a lovely gold disc in my hand which has turned out to be a Gold tremissis of justinian I 527 - 565 :D

Attachments

• img051.jpg
    img051.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 111
  • img053.jpg
    img053.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 123
:shock: :wow: :shock: :wow: :shock:
You can put your MXT in the closet and rest the remainder of the year! :yes: ;)

Congrats - you should change your name from argentum to aureum. :lol: :lol: That was about the end of Roman occupation of Britain, I think.

DougF said:
Congrats - you should change your name from argentum to aureum. :lol: :lol: That was about the end of Roman occupation of Britain, I think.

that was long after the romans left britain mate.. they left in the early 400's... :D

wow great day for you i would of had to detect a good 20 foot radius around that find just to be sure i got them all

that was long after the romans left britain mate.. they left in the early 400's... :D
[/quote]
I'm a little rusty on my British History. Only off by a hundred years or so. :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't know what a tremissis isses, but I know I WANT one. :D Major honkin congrats to ya.

BTW, I just ordered my second MXT. ;)

Awesome...That is my dream find. That and a Royal from the 1715 fleet. Congratulations and dig another one up for me!

Back
Top Bottom