14kt. luck

Trash Collector

Got lucky today. Went to a vacant lot beside a church and after digging up countless pull-tabs and nails, I came across this. A nice little 14kt. gold ring with what im assuming to be diamonds. Maybe a wedding ring?. Sad thing is its missing a stone.

Attachments

• DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 176
NICE RING! I would get that one appraised, and then see what a replacement stone would cost. Thats a keeper for sure.

Beautiful ring! I don't think it would be that much to get the one diamond replaced considering the value of the ring.

Nice find, though your going to find out that the ring will require alot of work. The channel walls holding the diamonds are very thin. It looks like it was worn on someones hand for a long time, I'm guessing she lost it taking off her gloves.

Great ring!!! I found a thick gold wedding band my first trip out with my Garrett TA100 many moons ago and it is still my best gold find to date. I sold it and more than paid for my detector. I think it was bad luck to sell it though because I have been limited to smaller gold every since.

Novapower hit it on the head. (good observation) The ring has been well worn, and his remark about taking off her gloves reminded me that last year the church was refurbishing some of its buildings and used that lot to pile construction debris. I found the ring near a large maple tree and I bet a church volunteer took off her gloves to enjoy a cool drink and some shade, and lost the ring then.

Wait a second! That looks like my wife's ring. She . . . . .
No wait, she hasn't lost her ring and she's never been to Washington. :lol: :lol:

Ok, you can keep it. :lol:

Hey Trash Collector,
I see that you use a Garrett Gold Stinger (Listed on your post)
How do you like it? I've got one coming in the mail and should be here next week. Have a lot of old gold mines and streams near here and am planning on doing some nugget hunting as well as hitting local parks.

Any advice on it's use? :?:

Thanks - Robin

Robin, I really like the gold stinger. I bought it in hopes of finding nuggets with it, but havent really had the chance to try it for such, sence I dont live in nugget country, but have used it for coin and relic hunting with good success.

Back
Top Bottom