Memories

WThesing

Elite Member
As some of you may know, my digital camera is a little limited in its macro ability. I really couldn't post a decent pic of this last year when I found it. To ward off a little cabin fever I bought a scanner, and am playing with it. Thought I'd share again. ;)

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 142
That is a nice find. What were the circumstances where you dug it - if you can divulge :) Steve inso az

Found it at a historic farmstead about 5 minutes from where I live. The farmstead dates back to c. 1730. Found it next to the foundation of the guest house at about 6" down between where a large tree is growing and the foundation. The township bought the property and it is now a "park". The buildings are all standing but some of the fields are now soccer fields. I found a large "memorial mother lode" here as well - about $ 20.00 worth and I have left some there. Nothing older than 1962. Also got a couple of silver Washingtons and Rosies. Still have about 5 acres to check out yet.

Actually I should have included this other one. these were my two best coin finds for 2006. The detail of the large cent is amazing. It was lost when new. The soil didn't attack it. Found at another historic farm (103 acres dating back to 1710). This farm is about 10 minutes away and it is VIRGIN. I was asked to hunt it by the neighboring historical society. I give them any artifacts, and I get to keep the coins.

Attachments

• Two best coins of 2006.jpg
    Two best coins of 2006.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 119
I was there when Bill found the Barber, All I heard from a distance was "WOOOHHOOOO"! :yes:...Nice coins and pics. Lets get some more this year!

Jim

One of my hunting goals is to find a barber ANYTHING! It is rather irritating to be hunting a place with other people finding barbers and I only find mercs - even though I find V-nickels and IH pennies, they get the barbers! It must be a curse :) . As you can tell, I'm envious of you! Congrats!

Hey Bill...

Nice finds! Love the Barbers (gotta find me one of those). Everything's so frozen over here, it doesn't look like I'll be doing any dirt digging for a while. I may hit the beach on Monday though... just to get out :)

Nic pics Bill. The scanner did a great job of bringing out the detail. I should try that sometime. Might be easier than messing around with the macro mode on the camera. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom