my first find

JEBar

bought my first metal detector yesterday, got home too late to try it out so I watched the CD and read the manual .... got home from work today with only a few minutes of good daylight left so I plugged in the battery pack that had been slow charging since yesterday and immediately went out to the back yard ... literally seconds after starting the detector sounded off and showed a penny on the screen ... sure enough down about 4 inches I found a 1981 Lincoln penny ... I know that isn't much but it is my first and I'm happy with it ... at this point I need to do a NOTE TO SELF: reminder my wife doesn't see the value in me finding a penny and coming in with mud and grass all over my work pants :roll:, next time change clothing first :yes:

Jim

Congradualtions on your first treasure! I'm sure your wife will change her tune when you bring home that first gold/diamond ring, lol! HH!

Congrats!!! Gotta start somewhere.......Better than my first find.. A Rock!!! I know there was something else in the hole, but I couldn't find it.

It looks to me like you're really going to enjoy this hobby! I think most of us had a similar start. :)

Sounds like my start 26 years ago. You will be soon digging all kinds of goodies !!! Steve in so az

Congrats on your first find Jim !!!

My first find was a quarter, my 2nd find was also a quarter until I realized I had a hole in my pants pocket ........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no such thing as a bad find... Consider yourself lucky just to be able to go out and do it... It's frozen here, but at least I don't live in upstate NewYork... 7ft of snow and 3 more feet expected by Saturday! :shock: That is rediculous.... My first find was a dime and 3 pennies in my driveway... I walked in all proud of my first 13cents and my exclaimed "should I book the cruise now or later..." Every find has a story behind it... congrats and happy hunting.

:D ya gotta start somewhere Jim good going , your gonna like that machine my friend .
congrats 8)

all of the supportive comments are most welcome ... I now work in RV sales and we are having a major show in Raleigh this weekend so I haven't had any time to get back out and try to figure out how to run the detector ... hopefully that will be corrected next weekend :yes:

Jim

Hello Jim and welcome ... good to see another North Carolinian on the forum ... now that you've broke the ice with your first find ... will be looking for pics of some great finds in the near future!

This is true, make sure that no matter what, we make the wife HAPPY! Your peace and future MDing depends on this :lol: :lol: :P

dooby said:
Congrats on your first find Jim !!!

My first find was a quarter, my 2nd find was also a quarter until I realized I had a hole in my pants pocket ........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny! :lol: :lol: When I was a kid, I often wondered why the neighborhood kids followed me home. :?:
They were picking up the change that fell through the holes in my pockets. :yes:

JEBar said:
all of the supportive comments are most welcome ... I now work in RV sales and we are having a major show in Raleigh this weekend so I haven't had any time to get back out and try to figure out how to run the detector ... hopefully that will be corrected next weekend :yes:

Jim

Wished I had known you were at the show. My wife and I and 3 other couples went. I was a little disappointed this yr. They didn't seem to have as many campers there this yr, especially toy haulers.

Back
Top Bottom