Question/request for coin hunters

flyguy784

Elite Member
I'm much more a relic hunter than a coin guy. I hear frequently to "check for key date". I'm surprised that by now, one of the coin guys haven't written up and posted a list of those "key dates". If ya did, it'd be a big help to the guys that don't want to, or don't have time to do the research on such things. Be nice to see a sticky up in here so it'd be a lot easier to check after a hunt. I'll bet one of the coin guys already has such a list they could just copy into the forum. I for one would sure appreciate it.

I agree with you Flyguy, I'm a coin/jewelry hunter but not a coin collector, so it's all Greek to me. I just know silver and gold are good things to find. The finer points elude me and this key date thing is one of those finer points...

Theres just to many key dates to make an accurate and readable sticky..add to that misstrikes etc, You sorta gotta come home with your finds and start learning from the sites mentioned...You soon learn a modest amount of Super Goods....the 1916d merc...a 43 copper wheatie....,

Theres just to many key dates to make an accurate and readable sticky..add to that misstrikes etc, You sorta gotta come home with your finds and start learning from the sites mentioned...You soon learn a modest amount of Super Goods....the 1916d merc...a 43 copper wheatie....,

Kind of thought that might be the case Mudd.

Back
Top Bottom