First sidewalk tear out

CJ319

Forum Supporter
The sidewalk across the street from where I found a good luck swastika token was pulled up last week so I thought I'd give it a go. I've seen many people on here find amazing things in these tear outs so I was excited. I walked about four blocks of sidewalk. Spoons. All I found were spoons. One has some engraving on it so we'll see what that is. Spent some time at the swastika house and found a sterling ring so the day wasn't a total bust.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 325
bummer that you didn't get any coins. But odd that you got numerous spoons. Because spoons is a personal household item (versus industrial junk or slag or whatever). So you would *think* that if "personal effects" like silverwear was lost, then so too could coins be present.

Oh well, sidewalk demo's are hit and miss. Depends on age of the neighborhood. When they ceased being dirt paths and gave way to cement. And if they're 2nd generation vs first generation rebuilds, etc....

Tearouts can be totally hit or miss.
Some of us collect spoons so let me know if you would like to trade:D

You may have been beat to the punch as well, I did a street/curb tearout this year that gave up a lot of good coins, but I still was informed by the police we weren't the first ones out there. I always wonder what the others found :?: congrats!

Even if someone beat you to it they were not thorough. There will still be good targets there if it's not covered with new concrete already. One thing I love about a sidewalk tearout is that it is easy to be thourough in most cases because there is such little ground to cover.

Back
Top Bottom