MAGA CLAD Day...91 Quarters, etc.

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Since it was still hot today, I thought I take it easy and hit a tot lot and surrounding area. Right from the start, I was getting good signals. A quarter here and a dime there, and back to quarters again.

It was one of those days it was like every couple of feet I was getting a good signal. And the surprising thing was...this park is off a main road and I felt for sure it was cleaned out before I got there. And another good thing was, there was very little trash between each find.

All in all, I believe I set a few records for myself in the number of Quarters, Dimes and Nickels found in one day session.

Quarters--91
Dimes--50
Nickels--30
Cents--127 (Including a 1945 wheat.)

Grand total...$32.52 for the day!

The thing I like about clad coinage...there is no sentimental attachment value...just clean, spend and enjoy!

Attachments

• Maga Clad 073017 001.jpg
    Maga Clad 073017 001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 547
Wow! Now that is is a clad haul! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Now that is is a clad haul! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of clad, congrats!

Wow that was a heck of a day.

Wow! Amazing hunt!!

Nice! Thats great work! Congrats on that massive run! Like you said, Clad = fast easy money and off you go!

Folks, thanks for your kind words. It is always a treat to come home with a pouch full of coins instead of junk. Best wishes to all!

Forgive the question from the new guy, but when you say "Tot Lot" do you mean playground? My experience over the last two months of heavy hunting has been that playgrounds are typically pretty dry for clad, unless two condition exist:

1) There is a snack bar on premises, or

2) The playground is in the middle of a larger athletic complex that hosts (for example) soccer, baseball or softball tournaments--again, with an open snack bar.

Either way, you had a day the rest of us only dream about so NICE WORK! But honestly, I can't figure out how you did it!

Forgive the question from the new guy, but when you say "Tot Lot" do you mean playground? My experience over the last two months of heavy hunting has been that playgrounds are typically pretty dry for clad, unless two condition exist:

2) The playground is in the middle of a larger athletic complex that hosts (for example) soccer, baseball or softball tournaments--again, with an open snack bar.

Either way, you had a day the rest of us only dream about so NICE WORK! But honestly, I can't figure out how you did it!

Hello erudolf...yes, tot lot=playground. A good area also, is just the grassy perimeter just outside the wood chips from within the tot lot area. And try to get in close to metal posts, etc...a good small coil is good for these coin rich areas too. Good luck and keep at it!

Great haul. That's exactly why I love those kind of places. Congrats !

Wow, what a clad day and a lot of digging.

What an amazing day for you, congrats!!!:bling::yes:

That my friend, is an amazing day!!

Hello erudolf...yes, tot lot=playground. A good area also, is just the grassy perimeter just outside the wood chips from within the tot lot area. And try to get in close to metal posts, etc...a good small coil is good for these coin rich areas too. Good luck and keep at it!

Thank you fellow diggers for your comments...I just got back from re-doing more or less the same area as to pick up the crumbs I left behind. In short, not too bad...more quarters, etc., and a 10k gold ring to add to the collection. If only everyday was this productive...

That is great! I love finding clad after a tough hunt - it is relaxing and fun. It also reminds me that my detector is, in fact, working!

Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom