US Box Plate

Brian W

Hi people...Its been a long time since i posted here...I have been a member since 2007 :)
This weekend i got out detecting, And found this US box plate in the woods..I was dumbfounded as i found it in Mass...I have never heard of one being dug in Mass before...I am sure they have been found here...but none i can recall...Its in great shape and i am loving this find...I know they dig them down south but its not to common up here

Attachments

• US.JPG
    US.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 553
  • US rev.JPG
    US rev.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 526
Very nice! I'm not a civil war collector or hunter, but to find a find like this is incredible. I would certainly be elated to find such a relic. Anyway congrats on the find. I would love to find such a great relic.

Nice plate

I'm like you I was dum founded when I found a 1850's militia belt plate.
I did'nt know what it was till it was I.D'ed on this site.Then I was really suprised to find out what it was.Great find a big congrats.

Oh man! That's in great shape, what a find. Congratulations! I would leave the dirt on it. I like my relics a little dirty. That's an awesome find. :clapping::thumbsup::wow2::woohoo:

Amazing Find!

Wow :shock:Congrats!

I bet that sounded like a frying pan.
how about some more details, what kind of location were you hunting and how deep.

Amazing Find!

Awesome find again Brian!!:wow: Congrats all the way on such a rare find for our neck of the woods!

Civil War relics in Wyoming aren't to common either but are very present, you guy back east are lucky to have such a conglomeration of this stuff even in your yards! Excellent find!

Charlie

Mass. had a huge amount of Union traffic. Boston was a transportation hub, even though Mass. was a southern leaning northern state. They even had draft riots in Boston where union troops were attacked.

Thanks for all the great comments.
Rseasy..I too dug a nice war of 1812 plate.. it is amazing what comes from the dirt.
Coinsniffa ..your having a great year yourself
Rcptuna...I did think it was gonna be a can..it was screaming..only 5 inches deep
It was between 2 pounded out cellar holes...I was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing but trees...this was the only find besides 4 flat buttons
Bb_in_maine...I just dry brushed the lose dirt off and I'm gonna leave it at that

Back
Top Bottom