Button ID help

donbendit

I was at a friends house and he showed me a three ringer he found when he was raking leaves in his yard. I happened to have my machine in the truck so I searched his yar for about twenty minutes and found three bullets and a button. Does any one know what it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 193
Back

Here's the back. Sorry iPads take terrible pics. Don't see a back mark, and its the size of a cuff button. The house is next to an old plantation so it could be from any era. I hope it's civil war

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 182
Hey Donnie,

It looks like a "Flower" button, similar to the 1 I found recently in a battle area. It could be CW period since those CSA soldiers wore what they had alot of times. Nice Finds either way!

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you nailed it. I dug the button next to a big hole I was told was an ice house for the plantation. Even though its not a rare confederate button like I'd hoped, it's still pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure you nailed it. I dug the button next to a big hole I was told was an ice house for the plantation. Even though its not a rare confederate button like I'd hoped, it's still pretty cool.

I'd be back hunting that spot asap!

Back
Top Bottom