1st in 2007

booker

Forum Supporter
It got up to 59 today went out and here is what I found in bout 30min.

1----1967 quarter
1----1976D penny
Hand full of taps
1---- orange soda metal cap
1---- set of GM keys
1---- coat hanger
1---- some type of metal drink cover
1---- 1/2in nut
1---- Route 66 coat button

if would give anything to get out this time of year , you guys think you could blow some of that warm air up north for us?

I don't know how you did it ... detecting is like eating fritos ... I can't eat just one and I can't get out detecting for just 30 minutes ...

When out again today to a fairground. There are no pull tabs left :lol: no coins but did find a metal thing I will post as soon as I can down size the pics

NC_Jim said:
detecting is like eating fritos ... I can't eat just one and I can't get out detecting for just 30 minutes ...
Jim I agree! :yes: There's no way I could restrain myself for that short amount of time. I always need at least 2 hours!

The other day I didnt have much time but today I spend 2hrs digging tabs :lol: but had fun !

Did the same there Booker. Spent two hours, digging tabs, piece of #6 copper wire, old stove part, a small cross, and either a button or bottle stopper with Carbona on it. It was the site of an old general store that hasn'been there in 30 years. Back and legs a little stiff.

Reading some of the posts I don't feel so bad about hurting, but it does make feel a little disheartened because I am stuck in side with this wet weather. Unlike most Gators I am not comfortable in the wet. However like most Gators the cold does make me move slower. :lol:

Gator

Man I am from L A (lower Alabama) and I hate cold! living in Kansas is killing me :lol: The snow has melted and the last 2 days I have been digging in mud. I use a rubber glove on one hand and it works real good. I call the Corp today to see if I could dig at a swimming beach not far from here and got the ok. So Wed will head over there !

That's 30 minutes more than I got.... looks like fun...I'm starting to see a little grass peek through the snow :yes:... looking better for a saturday hunt... now I just need the first 5 or 6 inches of ground to thaw and we're in business.

booker said:
It got up to 59 today went out and here is what I found in bout 30min.

1----1967 quarter
1----1976D penny
Hand full of taps
1---- orange soda metal cap
1---- set of GM keys
1---- coat hanger
1---- some type of metal drink cover
1---- 1/2in nut
1---- Route 66 coat button..........................Can I Have It? 8)

Back
Top Bottom