You old geasers have nutn' on me

frog

Forum Supporter
:D You old salts think your pretty smug showing off you really cool finds. Well I'm here to tell you we newbs have our finds too.
Today I found my first piece of jewelry. I know, you guys think it's pretty cool to show off your emeralds and diamonds and the like, but this heart shaped beauty boasts a once functional digital clock smack in the middle :yes: Try topping dat! And if that isn't enough...I also brought up$.95 in post 1990 coins.
Quarters, dimes and pennies. But my personal favorite...the bottle cap.
I know you seasoned MDers have had this situation arise, so please advise me in the proper approach to my dilemma. Is there a good way to explain the 14 dozen holes in the front yard to your wife? At this pint I'm going with the six foot giant mutant gopher that her gallent, brave husband ran off using his metal detector ( I told her it would come in handy some day ). Good diggin !

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 107
  • heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 124
:lol: Go easy on the old guys ;) I'd take .95 cents over nothing any day :D

i got my 250 back in early december. my wife says that if the grass doesn't start growing over all of my holes pretty soon that she is going to cash in my loot and buy a pallet of grass. :lol: :lol:

frog said:
Is there a good way to explain the 14 dozen holes in the front yard to your wife? At this pint I'm going with the six foot giant mutant gopher that her gallent, brave husband ran off using his metal detector ( I told her it would come in handy some day ). Good diggin !

blame it on the kids... ;)

in fact in my case it usually is the kids, last summer I went outside and found my kids, along with the neighbor kid, out in the back yard with my detector and a couple #2 shovels digging like crazy, there were holes everywhere, and of course filling them back in wasnt as fun as making them... :roll:

actually, my kids snag my metal detector quite a bit and dig around in the yard

For all you seniors out there:
Being a newbee does not (or should it) imply youth. :P Todays dig will cost me dearly in tub time. My brain doesn't measure time...it thinks we're still seventeen. My bones say it's time for a soakin'
Ol' Frog

frog said:
:D You old salts think your pretty smug showing off you really cool finds. Well I'm here to tell you we newbs have our finds too.
Today I found my first piece of jewelry. I know, you guys think it's pretty cool to show off your emeralds and diamonds and the like, but this heart shaped beauty boasts a once functional digital clock smack in the middle :yes: Try topping dat! And if that isn't enough...I also brought up$.95 in post 1990 coins.
Quarters, dimes and pennies. But my personal favorite...the bottle cap.
I know you seasoned MDers have had this situation arise, so please advise me in the proper approach to my dilemma. Is there a good way to explain the 14 dozen holes in the front yard to your wife? At this pint I'm going with the six foot giant mutant gopher that her gallent, brave husband ran off using his metal detector ( I told her it would come in handy some day ). Good diggin !

Glad you have a nice day rookie :lol:

Old geezers huh? Us old geezers have tricks on finding the good stuff so you newbies should be a little nicer or we won't share our knowledge with you :lol:

Being an old geezer makes one patient and knowledgeable...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P7180487.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P5090407.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

frog said:
...Is there a good way to explain the 14 dozen holes in the front yard to your wife?

1. A new method for lawn aeration
2. Your safe to go in the yard honey! No landmines here.
3. Carpet bombing. The new way to control lawn pest.
4. Abstract gardening.
5. Donated sod to less fortunate family on the street.

:lol: :?: :lol:

Or a very localized meteor shower?
Some of the grass was tired of its living conditions, packed up and moved out (gypsy grass)

Very nice.

I don't think the "old salts" are showing off but only tend to post their best finds. In my case I don't post everything I find but just the better or unusual stuff. This may make it look like I only find good stuff but believe me I'd be happy with a day like yours.

SHAMELESS SHOWING OFF:
For example. My last hunt only netted me 1 quarter and a nickle. Oh and this ring I didn't think was worth posting.
2192007ring1.jpg

Boy are you in trouble now! :yes: :yes:
Tell the wife that you were looking for a gold ring to give to her and when you find it she will be ecstatic :lol:

Back
Top Bottom