Did some snow digging today

brooklynct2003

I went to the neighborhood hill where the kids go sledding. My kids went sledding and I went digging. Found most everything just under the snow, as the ground was still frozen pretty hard. You'll notice I bent the dime and scraped up one of the quarters pretty badly, tried to scrape and pry them out of the ice.

Found 3 quarters, 2 dimes, & 2 pennies. $1.06

My youngest son who asked if we could go home after 2 hours of sledding. Just as he was asking, I hit a target. I told him we would go home immediately after I dug the last target I just heard. My last find of the day was this pretty Guess watch. Glad he didn't ask to go home 5 minutes sooner. Ladies size. My girlfriend doesn't want it, so I'll probably EBay it someday.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 84
Nice day brooklyn !!! Sounds like a good family outing, wear the kids out and get some digging time in !!!

Sure glad you didn't have to pry that watch out of the ice .......... :D :D :D

dooby said:
Nice day brooklyn !!! Sounds like a good family outing, wear the kids out and get some digging time in !!!

Sure glad you didn't have to pry that watch out of the ice .......... :D :D :D

Actually, the watch was pretty much pushed into the mud under the snow and frozen in solidly. I had to chip away the frozen muck with my digger and gently pry the watch out. I was afraid of breaking it the whole time. If it didn't come out, I was going to mark the spot and come back with some calcium chloride & hot water to thaw it out. I give Guess brand watches 4 stars for holding up under those hostile digging conditions.

Back
Top Bottom