my first find

nice job congrats , a penny is the first step to finding the really good stuff , might want to think about putting that baby on a chain or something like that, could be good luck. HH

Tell the Mrs. to think of the time and effort on the penny as an investment towards the eventual gold or diamond you're going to find..got to pay your dues in this hobby....HH Roadrunner

it is addictive. my wife has me figured out. i start pacing around and she tells me to hurry up and go get it out of my system. and bring back some fried chicken on my way home. :lol: :lol:

My wife came home from work yesterday and ask "where did you get those grass stains on your pants". I lied to her about how hard I worked all day. There needs to be a disclaimer on metal detectors. "Using this device may me habit forming and detremental to relationships".
Frog :D

That's a good start. As you get to know your detector and get more experience, you will increase your finds. This is such a great hobby because you just never know what you will unearth next.

last Friday was the first day I've had off since purchasing our DFX ... I spent about 5 hours out in our back yard (too cold to get far from a source of heat) trying to learn how to figure out what the detector was trying to tell me ... I deliberately dug objects that it said were foil or bottle caps and it was correct ... I'm up to 29 cents :yes:, 2 dimes and 9 pennies, none of which are worth much to anyone but me ... back in the 70's we had an area where we did considerable target practice where I can find all of the bullets I could ever want ... here again none of them are of any $$$$ value but hopefully the practice in using the machine to locate them will payoff

Jim

Back
Top Bottom