Short, wet, muddy hunt today

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Boredom got the better of me early this morning, so I loaded-up and went to a neighboring town to hit one of the Parks. This was the same town from last weeks hunt, but this park was slightly closer to Town, so I thought my odds of finding something older might be a little better.

On the road, it started raining :roll: but I got there and set in the parking lot for about 20 minutes hoping for a break in the rain. It slowed down some, so I grabbed the rain coat, slipped a shower cap over the control box of the Compadre, and started in the sandy areas around the playground stuff.

After finding clad there, I ventured out into the grass, and after getting tired of the pull tabs ad bottle caps, I cranked-p the disc. I still dug a fair amount of bottle caps, but other than that it was mostly coins. By now the rain had stopped, but between it and sweating under the cheap rain coat, I was already soaking wet.

Two items caught my attention when I recovered them, what looked like a charm, and an off sized coin. Regardless, I didn't pay much attention to them, and just stick them in the pocket of my rain coat along with everything else.

Hunted about 1.5 hours, and headed home, and ended-up with a little over $3 in clad. I will probably go back sometime with the DeLeon and see what else I can find.

P8070034.jpg

After rinsing off the mud (I didn't take a closeup of the charm, since it was plated):

P8070035.jpg

Here was the interesting find, a 1944 (Melbourne Mint) Australian Penny :

Link to info on it, I guess it's a bit on the scarce side :cool::

http://www.allcoinvalues.com/australian-coins-and-notes/1944-australian-penny-value.html

P8070042.jpg

P8070041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom