The beaches after a storm (sandy)?

Kingdoc

Some say thats the best time to hunt because sand has been moved around and washed away. Others say its not so good because stuff gets buries deeper and trash signals litter the beach. What Are your thoughts?

Also, A lot of beaches in my area (NY, NJ, CT) have been "cleaned" and had new sand pumped from the ocean (Beach Reclamation projects). Can you find stuff in that newly pumped sand or is it filtered or run through with a magnets?

Thanks for any input.

Some say thats the best time to hunt because sand has been moved around and washed away. Others say its not so good because stuff gets buries deeper and trash signals litter the beach. What Are your thoughts?

Also, A lot of beaches in my area (NY, NJ, CT) have been "cleaned" and had new sand pumped from the ocean (Beach Reclamation projects). Can you find stuff in that newly pumped sand or is it filtered or run through with a magnets?

Thanks for any input.

Just think of it this way. If you had a wash board full of sand. Cover with coins jewelry, other objects [ pop tops, bottle caps] on the board. Now, cover them with more sand. Now place it in an old large wash pan. Jack one side up. Next, cover it with more sand. What do you see now that the water in the pan is still. Then get a large bucket full of water and pour it on the washboard. What has happened to the objects? Are all the covered targets covered now? Now lift up the lower end of the washboard and see where the targets are now. The beaches of the sea, ocean, lakes are the some and act the same way. The only differences is what the base of the shore is of.:yes: Hope this helps. But I would dig every target, and remove them. Good luck if you hunt.
Most of my best targets, that I have found after a storm, have been in the ripples before you get to the water's edge.

Back
Top Bottom