Female Detectorists on the Forum

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
It's been brought to my attention that there are members that are sending PM's to our ladies on the forum, and making comments that do not belong on this forum.

We have a rule against this "hitting" on our female members.

Everybody wonders why we don't have more female detectorists on the forum. Well, we have a lot, but after they join and post, and guys find out they are a girl, they don't give them the same courtesy as the male members of the forum, and they leave.

So, I'm warning you now that you better behave yourself. :mad:

Unreal.....

Do we have a list of names? Surely if it continues, perhaps a list that is made public for all of us to read would be embarrassing enough to make them knock it off...

Really guys, go to match.com or something.... Don't do it here, it's pathetic. These girls are NOT INTERSTED, they're not here for that. They are here to learn about detectors and the hobby and show off their finds, not to get hit on. Women get hit on every day of their lives by moronic, disgusting men of all walks of life, let them take some refuge here. They shouldn't always have to be on guard.... I'm sure these are the same types of guys who beep their horn or whistle when a female is walking down the street. Has that ever actually worked for you??? Get a freakin life morons. You make normal guys look just as pathetic as you. Aren't you embarrassed of yourselves???

Rant over. :furious::furious::censored::censored:

Never even crossed my mind, figured most are married. Boys, will be boys though... Guess some are a little too 'friendly' here. Must of been pretty direct, and to the point, to get complaints. Should be a list, maybe not public, but all should be warned, and repeat performances shouldn't be tolerated. Most people don't mind the interest or attention, but some guys don't understand 'No', or see it as a challenge/sport.

....Really, get a life moron..........................This is the 1st time I've ever heard that happening.......Completely stupid and disrespectful......

This is worse than picking up chicks at church. This is a hobby forum guys! If you want a date go to a dating website. If anything this hobby should make you unattractive to the opposite sex :lol:

The world is a crazy place these days...unfortunately, even our hobby, is prone to attract some A**h**s that don't know when to leave their issues at the door. I agree with with what someone else said...after your warning here, I'd say post names of all subsequent offenders so they can get flamed...then banned.

Either that, or you should start up a spin off MDer's "swingers" site, Carol:laughing:

This is worse than picking up chicks at church.

Holy cow, picking up chicks at church! It's too bad there are those who would send unsavory messages to the ladies on our forum. It's a shame really and I hope it doesn't cause any of the ladies to quit our forum.

Last edited:
Sad. This is exactly why my wife will not do Facebook or be on any forum such as this. She's just to afraid of something like this happening.:(

Hey baby I'm a Sponsor, How you doing? :laughing: lol jkjk Don't tell my wife:lol:

Ok enough joking, guys come on go get on Plenty Of Fish if you want to find a girl online...

I'm a little shocked, actually that guys on this forum would stoop so low...sick! :wow: :no:

Then again, those sickos who do PM and proposition the women here give the rest of us decent men a bad name :mad:...

Then again, I suppose that if you are either single or unhappily partnered/married and you don't get out much except to metal detect, your list of friends may be short and list of women friends even shorter!

To those offenders Carol is referring to... Get a life!!!

How's about putting them out there so we can all crack on them.:laughing:

I agree, just leave them be. (I made a rhyme)

Holy cow, picking up chicks at church! It's too bad there are those who would send unsavory messages to the ladies on our forum. It's a shame really and I hope it doesn't cause any of the ladies to quit our forum.

What's wrong with meeting chicks at church? Those are the kind you can take home to mom.

I would venture to say those who say church isn't a place to meet people have never been to a church recently. It's not what it once was. Speaking as someone who worked maintenance at a church for 5 years. You would be surprised at what it's "really" like when you're a fly on the wall!!!

hitting up chicks on a metal detecting forum, that likely live hundreds of miles away,that is sad.:laughing:

I can understand their trying though...

How many lonely, single md'ers dream of a woman that is into md'ing as well? They see a pretty woman post her finds and, to them, it's like Phoebe Cares climbing that swimming pool ladder! :laughing:

(If you are too young/old to remember that scene, just trust me)

I don't know why anyone would have to ... when I'm out in the park with my metal detector, headphones, little tool belt/pouch thingy and kneepads I usually have to fight the ladies off. :laughing:

That's too bad.
There are plenty of other sites and forums, that cater to the needs of these men. (Boys)
You guys, the offenders, know who you are, keep the PMs related to the hobby or similar interests. There are numerous threads on this forum, from 'Finds' too 'Every thing else'. No where do I see "Dating" or "Meet me."
:lol:

Hmmm... Trying to figure out how this would work...

"Hi, Carol is it? I'm Vexhold. You come to this forum often? I've seen you around and I think you look sexy in head phones. I see your from South Dakota, I love Canada! I was thinking, and don't hate me, but I think we would make a swinging pair. What do you think?"

Oh well, I've been married for over ten years, my pick up lines are pretty stale. lol.

As for those who are doing this for real...

Shame on you and move out of your parents basements already.

Back
Top Bottom