Earbuds & Equinox 600

Dan B.

Elite Member
I tried a random pair of bluetooth earbuds that I have had for quite some time. They matched and paired with my detector.I did not notice any lag while testing them.

Good bad or ugly has anybody tried this with any success or is there problems with delay ?

Tried some. Terrible lag. Got some gray ghosts amphibians now but too bulky. Im used to Deus wireless backphones. Gonna try some waterproof ear buds with Equinox waterproof connecter that I saw on Ebay. I hunt in pretty remote areas so internal speaker has been my go to anyway even though it acts weird sometimes when it gets wet

....I could run to WaWa and back by the time they get a couple swings in....

Wawa is King!! Hit one on the way out of town from the farm hunt, because there’s no way I’m leaving Jersey without a WaWa run! It’s darn near the only thing I miss about New Jersey...Ohio is a third world state in my book until it gets a WaWa :lol:

Ok, sorry for the off topic...back on topic here: I obviously don’t have direct experience with the EQ, but with older earbuds, it’s possible that they weren’t aptX low latency equipped. Folks who are more tech savvy than me might correct me, but the last I checked, it was easy to find aptX earbuds, but it’s very difficult to find aptX low latency earbuds at a reasonable price. For some reason, the low latency technology is currently more commonly found associated with headphones. As ChrisMD noted, swing speed is an important factor on whether you can get away with regular aptX or not. With a faster swing speed, even a 100-300ms delay becomes noticeable in the position of a target. Slower swing speed, and the same equipment seems to provide instantaneous signal transmission.

Depends on your swing speed. I saw a huge delay, but I've also detected with people that swing like they're caught in a time distortion bubble, where I could run to WaWa and back by the time they get a couple swings in, so in that case I don't think the latency would matter that much.

Tried some. Terrible lag. Got some gray ghosts amphibians now but too bulky. Im used to Deus wireless backphones. Gonna try some waterproof ear buds with Equinox waterproof connecter that I saw on Ebay. I hunt in pretty remote areas so internal speaker has been my go to anyway even though it acts weird sometimes when it gets wet

I use some from time to time. There is a lag, but I work around it.

BCD

Wawa is King!! Hit one on the way out of town from the farm hunt, because there’s no way I’m leaving Jersey without a WaWa run! It’s darn near the only thing I miss about New Jersey...Ohio is a third world state in my book until it gets a WaWa :lol:

Ok, sorry for the off topic...back on topic here: I obviously don’t have direct experience with the EQ, but with older earbuds, it’s possible that they weren’t aptX low latency equipped. Folks who are more tech savvy than me might correct me, but the last I checked, it was easy to find aptX earbuds, but it’s very difficult to find aptX low latency earbuds at a reasonable price. For some reason, the low latency technology is currently more commonly found associated with headphones. As ChrisMD noted, swing speed is an important factor on whether you can get away with regular aptX or not. With a faster swing speed, even a 100-300ms delay becomes noticeable in the position of a target. Slower swing speed, and the same equipment seems to provide instantaneous signal transmission.

Samsung level u pro earbuds are low latency and are pretty cheap price wise...

Thanks everybody for your input. The weather has definitely cool down considerably so the muffs will not be a problem.

Being that this is a new toy I was just experimenting with the earbuds that I have and which are about 5 years old. I will definitely look into a better pair of earbuds by Spring. Thanks again!

Use APTX Low Latency headphones/earbuds and lag is not a problem. Latency is <40ms. I use the Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT earbuds, which I like.

Depends on your swing speed. I saw a huge delay, but I've also detected with people that swing like they're caught in a time distortion bubble, where I could run to WaWa and back by the time they get a couple swings in, so in that case I don't think the latency would matter that much.

That's it, exactly. If you swing normally, there will be a lag with non-LL headphones. But the experienced lag in inches is a function of the swing speed. This means that, if you wanted, you could use non-LL headphones and then, after the object is detected, slow the swing way down in order to see its location. Some time back, I tried that with APTX non-LL earbuds experimentally, and it seemed to work, although personally I would find it too cumbersome to detect that way.

Back
Top Bottom