state seal of North Carolina

headhunter

Found this cool little find the other day.It's the state seal of North Carolina in 10k gold mounted on a shiney piece of metal(no silver stamp on it).It also has the 3 pretty little green stones in it,on the back side it just has 2 tiny prongs that are holding the round gold part on to the part that the stones are in.i hope that makes sense to everybody.i guess i could take it to a jewler but that would take the fun out of using this web site..thanks for any suggestions bye bye :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 391.jpg
    Picture 391.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 440
That looks like an organizational membership pin.. with each of the stones signifying years in service (i.e. 1 stone = 5 years)... could be a state employee organization. RickO

I thought the state seal of North Carolina of the was biscuits :lol:. Just kidding southern folks. I was born in & lived in northern New York all my life (a real Yankee I guess you could say), back in the 80's I went down and stayed in North Carolina for about a month. I couldn't believe there were so many biscuit places there, every couple of miles was a Biscuit World, Biscuit Palace, Biscuit this and Biscuit that. Nice find by the way, sorry for rambling on. Steve.

P.S. The place we stayed in was Kinston,N.C.

Certainly an unusual find. Bet you will never find another one while metal detecting in your whole life. Now that is what you call special!!:D Congratulations!!:yes:

i don't know if any of you guys have ever heard of it or not but there is this HUGE yard sale that goes from somewhere in Kentucky south to Alabama called the 127 yard sale,well it just so happens that i live in a little town that is on hwy 127.a lot of venders set up in the park here in town so i go there after the sale is over.the gold pendant,silver pendant came from there.everything else was found at old farmhouses and such.i don't want folks thinking that i am just pulling stuff out of the jewley box and taking pic's :no: bye bye :cool:

I thought the state seal of North Carolina of the was biscuits :lol:. Just kidding southern folks. I was born in & lived in northern New York all my life (a real Yankee I guess you could say), back in the 80's I went down and stayed in North Carolina for about a month. I couldn't believe there were so many biscuit places there, every couple of miles was a Biscuit World, Biscuit Palace, Biscuit this and Biscuit that. Nice find by the way, sorry for rambling on. Steve.

P.S. The place we stayed in was Kinston,N.C.

Hey! Watch it! I take pride in my Biscuits! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom