Hi guys (new guy here)

Knight

Hey guys my names Rich. I'm new to the forum this hobby and my metal detector. I just bought myself a 250 ace a little of a week ago.
So far on my first test in my dads backyard i found a muffler gasket then headed to the beach where I found absolutely nothing.

second attempt at a campground near the river i found 2 pull tabs and a 40oz beer bottle cap. When I was watching videos and seeing people dig up pull tabs I never though they would be that common.

So now i have a question. Does it only find old coins? I'm curious because i threw down some new coins in different ares and it made the icon jump around.
which is pretty much all i can get it to do.

I havent done any testing. I dont have any silver or gold coins. but im pretty sure thats what it finds.

The Ace 250 is a great machine, but you need to take your time understanding what the machine is telling you.

It's quite normal for a lot of trashy signals to make the 'icon' jump around - rusty iron does that!! (sometimes you will see a rusty piece of iron say silver when swinging in one direction, and turn into Iron when scanning in another)

Did you remember to scan the area under where you dropped the coins??

Your sensitivity might be set too high for the area. Increase the sensitivity until the machine starts going nuts (telling you that there is something where there's nothing) then adjust it one notch down.

Go to the beach and notice where the crowd is, and then hit that area later same day, while you can remember exactly where most people is located. - Lots of coins to be found... Bring a showel and a scoop (look up the sand scoops people are making in the 'make it or fix it yourself' section.) Wear headphones, people don't want to listen to your detector, and it will also put less stress on your batteries. (get some rechargeables!!!)

Dont forget to keep the coil as close to the ground as posible (get a coil cover to protect the expensive coil, if you have'nt one allready)

Your swing speed should be around 2-3 seconds from left to right. If you go faster, then you will miss smaller and deeper targets.

HH.

/Steffen

Back
Top Bottom