Nokta Impact vs nox800

Diggingnorthnj

Hi everybody I wanted to get some opinions on a detector choice. A little background, I currently have a minelab se pro, and a garret at pro. I do pretty much all land hunting at old homesites (usually pretty trashy), some wooded areas, and farm fields. I mostly hunt for old coins and relics, I'm leaning more towards the impact because I'm a fan of the design, and I think it would compliment my arsenal nicely. But all this hype with the nox has me second guessing my choice. Is the nox that much deeper? I know they are pretty close with unmasking abilities, any comments/advice would be verry much appreciated!

I too have this question. I noticed tnsharpshooter mentioned something about the Impact and he's done a lot of testing with the Nox. Hopefully he can chime in.

Agreed staffydog33.

Had both the Impact and Nox 800. No comparison. Love my 800, liked my Racer 2 better than my Impact.

Both are great detectors and people do quite well with the Impact. To me it was another AT Pro, which is a great detector, but not in the same class as the Equinox in my testing so far.

That explorer se pro is a great machine! I cant touch on the nox or the impact, my nox won't be here til mid week, but I purchased it to complement the etrac not replace it. I would get the nox, what it can do in iron from what im seeing is very impressive!

I will talk about differences here later this evening.

Nokta Impact and yes even the Makro multi Kruzer do have some advantage over Nox.

I don't have multi Kruzer yet, but do have Impact.
So not just cut and dried to which is best all the time.

I would recommend watching the latest comparison videos on youtube from Calabash Digger. He is comparing different machines but the principle he is demonstrating is the same as for your machines.

Thank you for the feedback I'm excited to see what tnsharpshooter says. if the nox had a rechargable and replaceable battery pack like on the se or e trac I'd be a much easier decision

Thank you for the feedback I'm excited to see what tnsharpshooter says. if the nox had a rechargable and replaceable battery pack like on the se or e trac I'd be a much easier decision

Okay
Comparing Nokta Impact to Equinox 800.
I don't have a 600 unit.

This pic here first.

23w37lv.jpg

You see them, different bunch or aluminum twist caps and a couple steel bottle caps.

Impact user will likely never dig these or many of unlike Nox runner.
Why?
If an Impact user will check their targets with 5khz with non normalized vid these (aluminum screw caps) will read substantially lower than copper penny's and dimes.

Steel bottle caps with iron tone on get exposed pretty much with Impact in 5khz too.

Impact build quality stronger than Nox, but impact is heavier.

Milder soil more near one another depth wise on higher conducive coins, but 5khz is mandatory to achieve best depth using Impact.

Medium mineralized soil and higher, Equinox is deeper.

Plenty of coil selcion for Imoact and not overly expensive. Jury still out for Equinox on price.

Both are updatable detectors (online)

Nokta customer service is grand.
Minelab has moved their service center, I can't rate just yet.

Emi mitigation advantage to Equinox.

The smallest of gold advantage Equinox.

Both detectors screens are nice and legible for is readings.

Both perform great in iron. Ans wash can have advantage on the other due to different coil sizes-shapes.

Equinox offers speed adjustment, Impqct doesn't

Impact offers true AM with disc adjustment.

Both offer wireless headphones.

Balance feel-virtual tie. Remember Impact is heavier.

Now, I don't have Makro Multi Kruzer.
A tester has said it mirrors a lot of Impact performance.
Multi Kruzer doesn't have general(d) am mode like impact.
Seems 3 tone ops on Kruzer has been made faster.
Kruzer weighs about like Equinox.
Can be took deeper in water.

I can't Evaluate Kruzer obviously, I may have a unit soon, we'll see.
If I do wind up with one and use and talk about.

I can think of sites where I would take the Impact.
I can think of sites where I would take Equinox.

By not having a smaller coil available to me for Equinox, if I did it may make me think different that I am currently.

The smaller coils for Impact do very well in the polluted sites.

Could be right now, key word could, the Minelab Equinox 600 and the Makro Multi Kruzer the best bang for buck. I sure haven't run all detectors.
Don't think I would have enough time if I had them all. Lol

Last edited:
Thank you tnsharpshooter I think I will probably go for the nox 800 due to me having pretty high mineralized soil (89-90 on the at pro gb meter)! Also I'm familiar with minelab and the nox is quite good in iron, I hope they come out with a 6×8 sef for it I just hope these internal batteries stay good! You have been very informative and helpful, Thank you!

Okay
. . .

By not having a smaller coil available to me for Equinox, if I did it may make me think different that I am currently.

Could be right now, key word could, the Minelab Equinox 600 and the Makro Multi Kruzer the best bang for buck. I sure haven't run all detectors.

That pretty much sums it up. In some places, the Nox, in others the Impact. Both modern, fast, wireless machines with good separation. The Kruzer adds waterproof and is perhaps better at some things than the predecessor Impact. As I have been saying from the beginning, the big question in terms of how the mid-priced market shapes up is probably how the Kruzer measures up against the Nox.

Okay
I don't have a 600 unit.

This pic here first.

23w37lv.jpg

You see them, different bunch or aluminum twist caps and a couple steel bottle caps.

Impact user will likely never dig these or many of unlike Nox runner.
Why?
If an Impact user will check their targets with 5khz with non normalized vid these (aluminum screw caps) will read substantially lower than copper penny's and dimes.

Steel bottle caps with iron tone on get exposed pretty much with Impact in 5khz too.

Impact build quality stronger than Nox, but impact is heavier.

Milder soil more near one another depth wise on higher conducive coins, but 5khz is mandatory to achieve best depth using Impact.

Medium mineralized soil and higher, Equinox is deeper.

Plenty of coil selcion for Imoact and not overly expensive. Jury still out for Equinox on price.

Both are updatable detectors (online)

Nokta customer service is grand.
Minelab has moved their service center, I can't rate just yet.

Emi mitigation advantage to Equinox.

The smallest of gold advantage Equinox.

Both detectors screens are nice and legible for is readings.

Both perform great in iron. Ans wash can have advantage on the other due to different coil sizes-shapes.

Equinox offers speed adjustment, Impqct doesn't

Impact offers true AM with disc adjustment.

Both offer wireless headphones.

Balance feel-virtual tie. Remember Impact is heavier.

Now, I don't have Makro Multi Kruzer.
A tester has said it mirrors a lot of Impact performance.
Multi Kruzer doesn't have general(d) am mode like impact.
Seems 3 tone ops on Kruzer has been made faster.
Kruzer weighs about like Equinox.
Can be took deeper in water.

So does the NOX say anything more about these bottle caps in 5khz ? I havent experimented with them yet. Though I refuse to switch frequencies on every target that might be a cap , better to pump the coil and see what it says

So does the NOX say anything more about these bottle caps in 5khz ? I havent experimented with them yet. Though I refuse to switch frequencies on every target that might be a cap , better to pump the coil and see what it says

Pumping the coil and if it goes into the negative #s will work with a steel cap, but it doesn't work with an aluminum screw cap...correct?

No, the Nox ID cannot be set in unnormalized using 5khz for example. So since the aluminum twist caps are nonferrous, there is no real help in discerning them ID wise unlike the Impact is capable of.

Pumping the coil and if it goes into the negative #s will work with a steel cap, but it doesn't work with an aluminum screw cap...correct?

Not sure , I havent tried it much myself , but the youtube video shows with both steel and aluminum that swinging over the cap produces a fairly consistent reading , while pumping over them the numbers vary greatly...and with a good coin they stay pretty consistent.

Back
Top Bottom