Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 10-17-2020, 11:02 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Sounds like you have enough places to hunt to keep you very busy for a long time.
Yep, between all the public parks, recreation areas, and 3 different permissions (so far) I do have many areas to hunt !

Now please don't take what I'm about to say as a complaint or as being negative, I'm simply sharing what I'd prefer to find in any detecting area:

Mainly older coins, and not merely because of any greater monetary value, but because of their uniqueness from everyday modern coins.

I'd rather dig one IHP or Buffalo nickel than $5.00 in clad. Of course I'd still prefer clad over trash finds but simply just digging clad is not my focus.

Finding areas to hunt is not a big problem, finding places to hunt that still have older coins to dig has been quite a challenge, as so far the only older (non-modern) coins I have dug is 2 wheat cents and one Merc dime.

Maybe I am being unrealistic in hoping to dig an older coin every other hunt, but hey, I'll keep trying and still have fun older coins or not

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Old 10-20-2020, 07:12 PM

Looks like a really nice piece of land. I dig that horseshoe!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by SnakeSpiritDude View post
Looks like a really nice piece of land. I dig that horseshoe!
Thanks !!!!

I dig that horseshoe too, or should I say I dug that horseshoe ?

While that land is not producing good finds yet as well as I hoped, I am not giving up on it yet, still a good bit of area I haven't yet scanned.

I detected elsewhere today, but hope to get back there maybe Thursday or Friday.

Navy Vet

Old 10-20-2020, 07:56 PM

Nice man!
I'm really new to this game, and so far I'm enjoying the thrill of doing research on my town and the citizens that used to roam about here, and learning cool things that have happened. it is truly an awesome experience.
HH

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:20 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by SnakeSpiritDude View post
Nice man!
I'm really new to this game, and so far I'm enjoying the thrill of doing research on my town and the citizens that used to roam about here, and learning cool things that have happened. it is truly an awesome experience.
HH
Neat, if you haven't tried it yet, go to this site, type in an address of an area you want to research, then click on aerials to see photos of how the area looked at different years in the past -

https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer

Navy Vet

Tags
permission