Eyeball Finds Contest - Winter 2010

emdees

Forum Supporter
It's finally winter, the official time for the Eyeball Finds Contest!

This year I'm making it easy - only coins will count. The winner will be the one whose found coins have the highest total face value. These coins can not have been found with a metal detector - eyeballs only! This way the winter weather isn't a factor in the game. Anyone can play, but whatever prize I end up giving will go to the highest scoring person in the United States.

On your mark, get set, game on starting January 1st, and game ends at midnight on January 31st!

Feel free to post where you found your coins, what other eyeball finds you found that weren't coins, but let's keep the totals a secret so a large total doesn't cause someone to want to quit.

I'll start a new thread on February 1st where you can post your totals, and I'll pick the winner from that thread.

emdees

A couple of years ago my brother was looking for arrowheads in a field and found a 1783 8 reale laying on top. Talk about a find!

This should be interesting but I'll bet somebody in the warmer climates wins.

Up here in northern Michigan we don't have much of a chance of finding a dropped coin on the surface till about mid March. The new falling snow constantly covers everything up. But sometimes it happens at gas stations and parking lots.

Just as soon as the snow melts we'll find modern coins, tools, rings, etc., all along the major parking areas.

wait. so the highest face value? does that mean a quarter would beat a large cent? or do you mean total value(like redbook value). just to clarify for me.

wait. so the highest face value? does that mean a quarter would beat a large cent? or do you mean total value(like redbook value). just to clarify for me.

No worries. I think the chances of finding a Large Cent in a parking lot are pretty slim ;)
Remember, it's "eyeball" finds. Not MD finds.

my latest eyeball find would be a flattened cabelas penny, my first would be an old japaness coin i found in my old school's track field, the school is located in the contry of brookings oregon.

Dont bother I have this one won already!!!!!

I'll give you all a hint.... Start running.... every time I run I find money. as a test yesterday I ran 3 miles and found 21 coins for $2.43 I have found over 96 dollars so far this year and I have to hump to make a hundred by Thursday night!!!

Good luck alll...

Great idea for a contest emdees!! Thanks guys!! To bad ya can't "back date", cuz I found a $50 bill on the beach last summer!!:D
Looking forward to your contest!

Great idea for a contest emdees!! Thanks guys!! To bad ya can't "back date", cuz I found a $50 bill on the beach last summer!!:D
Looking forward to your contest!

That's a great find. Wouldn't matter though. Contest states "only coins will count".

Lol, you guys are lucky! The only eyeballs I get a pennies. Very rare for me to find a quarter-dollar on the surface.:mad::no:

Back
Top Bottom