The gods having fun with me

Wom 27

Elite Member
The metal detecting gods and I have always had a strained relationship. I’ve found lots of good stuff but it’s like pulling teeth and forget about volume. Just enough to wet your whistle but........for instance, I have never been allowed to find an 1800’s silver. That’s right. Look at all the neat still. I’ve found, but no old silver. No seateds!! For fun once ,the gods let me find a Barber half!! Great right ? The date ? 1900 !! See what I mean ?
So yesterday, after 8 years, they allowed me my first 2 cent coin.
Today, i found another ! It’s their way of letting me know they are the bosses. They can do any thing they want and I’m just a pawn in their little game. Believe me. It’s not that I’m not grateful, but I know I’m being played.
What a sick sense of humor 96A389D3-0C90-40A2-BE60-2BD528521A23.jpeg

C746A7FA-616B-491F-B258-DA6E52645C94.jpeg. Today’s is 1865. Yesterday was 1862

I know the feeling! I can go over the same spot a hundred times and know I am wasting time then the 101th time comes around and I find a old dime deep. What happened that this time I find something this time besides somebody upstairs maybe playing a joke on me and feeling bad and tosses a dime my way?

GLHH!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Congratz on your first 2c coin. Those are pretty coins. Love the green patina !

Also know the feeling.

Just about to call a farm field done and I find a 14K ring with 4 diamonds.....
Last three times there Can slaw and bullets.

100% know how you feel......sorry man.....long road!!! I've been at this for 9 years and no seated. Just last year I found my first Barber 1904.......at the same lot I found #2....1896....

Keep digging.....it will happen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cool find. not found one of them yet. I've been pretty lucky with assortment if not volume. Have seated, mercs, bufs, V's etc the SLQ is still my white elephant after 7 years....

The metal detecting gods and I have always had a strained relationship. I’ve found lots of good stuff but it’s like pulling teeth and forget about volume. Just enough to wet your whistle but........for instance, I have never been allowed to find an 1800’s silver. That’s right. Look at all the neat still. I’ve found, but no old silver. No seateds!! For fun once ,the gods let me find a Barber half!! Great right ? The date ? 1900 !! See what I mean ?
So yesterday, after 8 years, they allowed me my first 2 cent coin.
Today, i found another ! It’s their way of letting me know they are the bosses. They can do any thing they want and I’m just a pawn in their little game. Believe me. It’s not that I’m not grateful, but I know I’m being played.
What a sick sense of humor View attachment 466400

View attachment 466401. Today’s is 1865. Yesterday was 1862

Congrats on the pair of Two Cent Pieces. You may want to check the dates again though because no Two Cent Pieces were minted in 1862.

I've lost track of how many 1965 quarters I've dug. Grrrr... seriously? Just one year, that's all I ask for.

I'd love to fine a 2c. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom