First beach hunting tips

darnsober

Have the at pro with stock and nel storm on vacation. Never hunted at a beach before. I've read the pro hates saltwater and was going to hunt wet sand. Any tips from any beach hunters.
4f5cb2cfb3d557ee968f72c7d8add999.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

The pro works as it should on the dry sand. You will have to ground balance pretty low but it will work on the wet sand. You will lose depth but you should still do pretty good. The pro definitely does not like salt water.

in the dry sand work the towel line, entrances down from the hotels to the beach. If you are going to different beaches use google earth to find the beaches with the larger parking lots.

have fun

Yes AT pro will hunt wet sand but not very good.

Stay on the dry stuff where the towel/chairs line up..... Gold is heavy and will sink in the sand. With all the noise from the saltwater it will be hard to hear the signals....

I know exactly where you are....you should do well there.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well I left there about 3 days ago and came back to Northern Ky but plan on getting back into the car tonight to go back to Florida. Just haven't decided where. I only got to put my coil in the sand for 15 mins the 6 days I was there due to the storm coming in and the kids not being able to be out there with me and staying away from the water. So this time I haven't decided if I'm taking it or not. I found a vape and a 87 dime in those 15 mins right where the dry and wet met. If I go back to PCB I'm sure I'll do good since the water would be back out into the ocean.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom