XP DEUS x35 or HF coils?

krazy_8

Since it will be my first detector, im not sure which version deus and what coil to buy first.
People say that HF coils are not so deep as they've been with 5 and above version on deus.
Im mostly going to use the detector for coins and relics.
With what coils and what version Deus should i invest in?
9 inch, 11 inch or 13x11 inch HF or X35 coil?
Are all of those coils water-resistant? from what i've read yes?

Is it really necessary for headphones? I cant afford such expensive detector with coils for a first one.

Yes the Deus is expensive, but I have the XP ORX and love it. Does equally as good as the Deus with a few differences. I use the ORX with 9" x35 coil . The HF 9" coil is also a winner. Watch some videos of the Deus/orx and I think you will be happy. Also comes with wireless headphones for a fraction of the cost. I can give you info on a dealer if you like on this forum.

Is it really necessary for headphones? I cant afford such expensive detector with coils for a first one.

Got a budget, go with the ORX with WA headphones, you won't be sorry. 9" round HF coil is great for coins and relics with the wide range of freqs 13khz - 59khz. I use 13khz for relics, or adjust to 26khz to favor coins. I find I like 26khz a happy medium for both.

Well, i've got a budget but don't know why from inside it tells me to buy deus :D, and also when i buy this i won't buy something new for probably years.

Since it will be my first detector, im not sure which version deus and what coil to buy first.
People say that HF coils are not so deep as they've been with 5 and above version on deus.
Im mostly going to use the detector for coins and relics.
With what coils and what version Deus should i invest in?
9 inch, 11 inch or 13x11 inch HF or X35 coil?
Are all of those coils water-resistant? from what i've read yes?

Alright crazy 8,
Since you are new detectorist.
Bigger 13x11 is bad idea.
Go with 9” or 11”.
I recommend x35 coil. Not Hf coil.
Why?
Hf coils will report id based on freq used. No ID normalization allowed.
Also Hf coils poorer performers hunting for money (high conductors like silver, clad and copper in a amongst modern trash.
The lower freqs of 4 kHz and 8 kHz on x35 Coil can really help one out.

I recommend you get Deus with 9 or 11” x35 coil and get a remote if you can. You don’t need wiresless headphones, you can plug an elcheapo set of Walkman style headphones into Deus remote and hunt away.

X35 will do one fine for new detectorist hunting relics.

Using x35 coil one can rely more on ID and be able to differentiate coins from junk far better than Hf coils.

11” coil makes Deus more front heavy vs 9” coil.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Deus is nice detector.

I may do a video tomorrow and post here showing id differences of the coils. Granted I don’t have x35 coil (have run one a little) but LF Deus coil works same id wise as x35 coil. Meaning I can use lower freqs and normalize ID.

Thats what i wanted to hear, thanks tnsharpshooter
I also read that 13x11 is only good if you want to swing around for better coverage.
I will probably go with the X35 11 inch coil.

I've got the HF 9 inch coil for my Orx controller but have an X35 coming. Noticed the preset for coin fast has the Orx pushing 14.4khz for the HF coil and 17.3khz for the X35 coil. Why would they set up the preset that way?.....I thought the X35 coils favored the lower frequencies better. I would think the HF would favor 17k-31k not 14k.

So running in low mineralized dirt for silver on an X35 coil I'm guessing 7-14khz would be best for silver coins on a reactivity of 2-2.5 depending on how much junk is in the ground. Anyone with an X35 coil does it ID any better around foil and aluminum trash? Lower frequencies probably help with ID around rusty bottlecaps....but then I hear if in old iron nail patch or highly mineralized area best to raise frequencies and go with the HF coil.

Beach.....yes I would think the HF coil would do better at the beach and highly mineralized areas of the country. But in my area Kansas always did okay with concentric coils and lower frequency coils. I would really like the Orx to have adjustable Iron volume and a way to push higher tones in the coin band.....but otherwise fairly happy with the Orx performance.

Purchased a X35 9 inch coil but sent it back to the dealer.....I saw no advantage from the HF coil in my short testing and didn't want to listen to a more unstable chattery coil. Have heard the LF Deus coil actually runs stable and is preferred for coin hunting....but get different advice here on the forums.

Purchased a X35 9 inch coil but sent it back to the dealer.....I saw no advantage from the HF coil in my short testing and didn't want to listen to a more unstable chattery coil. Have heard the LF Deus coil actually runs stable and is preferred for coin hunting....but get different advice here on the forums.
I felt the original LF coils worked as good as the X35 coils.

HF coils run much quieter than the X 35 around power lines. You will be happy either way. And also I saw no depth difference between the ORX vs Dues on the same target at depth between either machine.

ORX is awesome and you can get the full set up for less than a Dues.

It is a great machine and also the Target ID window is nice and large.

Although if you like to fiddle with settings and tweak a machine into the oblivion then you may want to save for the Deus.

Both are very very good units.

Back
Top Bottom