Sharkbanz: The Shark-Repelling Wristband

Got this through facebook today, maybe the solution for example the nighthunters. Check it out, seems simple working, but don't know if it interferes with the detector :wow:

http://www.sharkbanz.com

I may try one for during the day. It will probably have some effect on a detector. Probably have to do a depth test as well as seeing if it causes falsing. Wonder if it has some way to tell if its on or not? Unless it's like a flea collar. Then it won't apply to the above.

Edit. Read it was just a electro magnetic field. No batteries. Probably not a good idea to wear around an ankle detecting. I know I found a couple broken speaker magnets detecting. They made my detector hit hard on them:lol:

Maybe wearing it on the left food will cause less or no interference :)
Or above the knee would also work according to the info.
This could be it for a lot of water detectorist!

Reading their marketing stuff, it sounds to me as if it's nothing but magnets. Anybody with magnets in their scoop should be good to go. :grin:

I hear sharks don't like yellow. I think I'll stick to this one since it won't affect my detector. ;)

Attachments

• dragonballzcentral_2295_12825900755.jpg
    dragonballzcentral_2295_12825900755.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 231
I realize it may not be helpful at night but, has anyone tried sharkrepel the chemical that comes in a spray can?

Sharks are almost always between the sandbars and the shoreline. That's just something you deal with. They seem to like to hang around piers and jettys. Still have never seen a verified report of anyone MD'ing being bitten. Jellyfish and stingrays are another story.

At least after your shark attack is over, your wrist will be scratch free ... even if it isn't completely attached to your body.

Back
Top Bottom